• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I have watched bits and bobs of the African cup of Nations and for me it's the worst football I've ever seen. Lots of hacking, misplaced passes and poor finishing. What does everyone else think?

I have watched bits and bobs of the African cup of Nations and for me it's the worst football I've ever seen. Lots of hacking, misplaced passes and poor finishing. What does everyone else think?
I watched lots of it last year... and one thing i noticed is that every team seems terrified of letting a goal in so they all just sit back, but the quality is poor it somehow makes that ivory coast team look bad :stunned:

I went to the African Nations Cup ,held in South Africa in 1996, on a WSC organised trip.Saw half a dozen or so games, from the early rounds right up to the final,which SA won.(Nigeria probably Africa's best side then were banned from playing in the tournament).
Ghana were probably the best footballing team in the competition but they self-destructed in the SF.The general consensus among the WSC's crowd was that the overall standard was of Championship standard.That was generally true, IMO, apart from one or two outstanding players on view, like George Weah,(who actually played in midfield for Liberia, as they were so shorthanded in that department).
Doubt if things have improved that much since.

I've tried watching the odd game, nearly fallen asleep each time but the matches are usually livened up by the very eccentric goalkeepers.

Saw a tunisian score a last minute screamer against algeria the other week. By the sounds of things probably one of the highlights of the tournament so far so I'm doing alright

Back