• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

African Nations Cup

Never found it to be great quality or particularly exciting. A bit like watching a random CCC match, or the Europa League.

Will probably watch a bit around the semis/final and reckon actually attending might be a quite good fun (Southend fan Peter Miles is actually out in Morocco at the moment, having booked a trip there before Morroco decided not to host the AFCON!), but as a tv spectacle it's rarely grabbed me

I have watched some of it in the past and its normally *****!

Never found it to be great quality or particularly exciting. A bit like watching a random CCC match, or the Europa League.

Will probably watch a bit around the semis/final and reckon actually attending might be a quite good fun (Southend fan Peter Miles is actually out in Morocco at the moment, having booked a trip there before Morroco decided not to host the AFCON!), but as a tv spectacle it's rarely grabbed me

I went to the ANC in South Africa, on a WSC's trip, for 3 weeks in '96.It was a wonderful experience.

Tried to keep up with it ever since.

Interesting to hear about Peter Miles.IIRC,He's a fellow East Reds man,isn't he?

Last edited:
Oh Perez in this media age you really need to miss nothing as you well know(i missed this tuesday) but this thread is just so you can tell zoners that you went to south africa in 96(again) you really are the gift that keeps on giving,thank you.

Oh Perez in this media age you really need to miss nothing as you well know(i missed this tuesday) but this thread is just so you can tell zoners that you went to south africa in 96(again) you really are the gift that keeps on giving,thank you.

I did try and watch a highlights programme in the week but my catch up service froze (because of bad weather here).

Nah, but watching plenty of Asian Cup here though (live and on TV) and that's been great. Been to Iraq v Japan, Oz v South Korea, Iran v UAE and off to QF Oz v China tonight.

Back