• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Been down after the last weeks results , and the obvious reaction on here last night and today.
So in order to redress the balance slightly and introduce a bit of a positive slant during these dark days , I thought I would start this one based on our 3-0 away win at Rochdale on Saturday.

Wow , what a performance.
Full of energy , crisp passing and great goals.
The whole team played well and with the other results going in our favour , we are right back in the play off hunt now.
Great to see Freddy score again and with Gavin and Britt also finding the net again in an attacking front three , we really looked the business today.
Smith was back and plucked everything out of the air with ease , making it an easy ride for Cresswell and Mohsni at the back.
I felt quite sorry for their right winger.
Getting subbed in the first half can't be good , but he got absolutely no change from Starker today.
Onwards and upwards , with a second Wembley appearance this season now back on the cards.
COYB !

Been down after the last weeks results , and the obvious reaction on here last night and today.
So in order to redress the balance slightly and introduce a bit of a positive slant during these dark days , I thought I would start this one based on our 3-0 away win at Rochdale on Saturday.

The whole team played well and with the other results going in our favour , we are right back in the play off hunt now.
Great to see Freddy score again and with Gavin and Britt also finding the net again in an attacking front three , we really looked the business today.
Smith was back and plucked everything out of the air with ease , making it an easy ride for Cresswell and Mohsni at the back.
Getting subbed in the first half can't be good , but he got absolutely no change from Starker today.
Onwards and upwards , with a second Wembley appearance this season now back on the cards.
COYB !
Ha ha love it mate. You never no. Like the bit bout smith
;-)

COYB !

Quite believable until you mention Smith

No more unlikey than our win at Port Vale. And Rotherham are fairly likely to lose their game and then we'd be 3 points off 7th. Fat Lady may not have sung yet....

Read into this what you will, but I've just seen Hatty Jacques gargling with listerene and practising her scale.

Dammit, I was planning to start a very similar thread!

In all seriousness I think we'll win comfortably on Saturday. Playing away from home after three dismal results at the Hall will be a welcome change of scenery and I think the team will play with a lot more freedom. With Tomlin back (more or less) and Laird getting stronger alongside Mefeelingtired hopefully results will pick up again.

Dammit, I was planning to start a very similar thread!

In all seriousness I think we'll win comfortably on Saturday. Playing away from home after three dismal results at the Hall will be a welcome change of scenery and I think the team will play with a lot more freedom. With Tomlin back (more or less) and Laird getting stronger alongside Mefeelingtired hopefully results will pick up again.

Kris , you are very welcome to share my thread.

To be fair to Paul Clark , he did say when commentating on BBC Essex before the Port Vale game , that he predicted we would beat Port Vale away + not win any of our "easy" 3 home matches......

:Worthy: All hail the Viking

To be fair to Paul Clark , he did say when commentating on BBC Essex before the Port Vale game , that he predicted we would beat Port Vale away + not win any of our "easy" 3 home matches......

:Worthy: All hail the Viking

In all fairness to PC a lot of us weren't expecting much from those home games either!

The best I've seen us play this season was in a 4-3-3. If Tomlin, Britt and Eastwood can work well together as a front 3 with Reeves, Laird and Hurst running the midfield behind them then we just might be good for the 3 points!

Back