• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Scribe

Letter from club this morning announcing that an AGM will be held at the Park Inn Palace Hotel on April 19th. Tea and biscuits to follow with a chance to talk informally to Ron & co.

AGM details

Brochure and info just plopped through my front door, AGM is on 19th April at the Park Inn Palace - includes an apology for the delay since the last one. Tara, Paul and Ron will be answering questions.

Letter from club this morning announcing that an AGM will be held at the Park Inn Palace Hotel on April 19th. Tea and biscuits to follow with a chance to talk informally to Ron & co.

Yes, my post has just arrived too. After what he said last time he addressed the masses at the Palace Hotel, I won't be hanging on his every word.

Questions will be answered "on all aspects of your Club" by Ron, Tara and Paul Sturrock. Ron even apologises in the letter for "the extended period since holding the club's last AGM".

The accounts for year ending 31 July 2009 reveal a loss of £2,039,437.

If anyone can explain what those "administrative expenses" (down from £2million to £1,308,409), I'd be grateful....... :smiles:

Have to go along with you Mick. Lots of words but not many deeds. Given that now we also have a situation where no one wants to join the club, its going to be interesting to see how the club explains away that position.

I'll be there to see what promises are made this time.

Questions will be answered "on all aspects of your Club" by Ron, Tara and Paul Sturrock. Ron even apologises in the letter for "the extended period since holding the club's last AGM".

The accounts for year ending 31 July 2009 reveal a loss of £2,039,437.

If anyone can explain what those "administrative expenses" (down from £2million to £1,308,409), I'd be grateful....... :smiles:

File under "ancient history". It is ridiculous that we are looking at the period from August 1st 2008.

The accounts were signed off by the Board nearly a year ago and similarly the Auditor's Report was signed nearly a year ago. Why the delay? Anyone would think he had something to hide.

Hopefully, someone will point out to the Chairman at the Palace Hotel 2011 AGM, that while last year's court appearances and transfer embargo caused us to be relegated, this year's more recent transfer and loan embargo has cost us whatever faint chance of a playoff place we had.

Last edited:
"When learnt by all involved which we'll ensure that whilst under the control of the present management those problems will not be seen again."

This is the second paragraph of the Chairman's Report on the first page of the Accounts. Is it me or does that make no sense?

"When learnt by all involved which we'll ensure that whilst under the control of the present management those problems will not be seen again."

This is the second paragraph of the Chairman's Report on the first page of the Accounts. Is it me or does that make no sense?

Yes I read that (several times) and it makes no sense at all. Just a load of b*****it likes the rest of his comments.:thumbdown:

I'm sure a lot of people will go along with good intentions really determined to hold the board to account for the club's current financial position, but then will hear some words that they want to hear and give the benefit of the doubt for the next however long.

I recall the last AGM in 2009 when the pre-meeting atmosphere was very determined but little materialised when words won people over. And then even more so at the meeting after Paul Brush's sacking when we were told that Tilly would be appointing his own assistant manager (not to be confused with the "assistant to the manager" position).

No doubt there will be plenty of graphs, criticism of HMRC's unfair tactics, and lots of talk about how much the club will benefit from the extra revenues at Fossets Farm, and how the club's long-term future will be secure when we get there. How the club will be legally entitled to benefit from the non-stadium revenues or what rent may be charged to the club (as a mere tenant) or how even the current debt levels will be dealt with have never been properly explained, but never mind.

Oh, and I predict that the building works are about to start and the final negotiations with the last remaining stumbling blocks around Roots Hall are soon to be sorted in the next few weeks, so watch this space!

I'm sure plenty of people will come out of the AGM feeling quite relieved that things are about to get better and a bright future awaits.

Last edited:
Anybody else think that the announcement of an AGM may be "good" news?

I think this may be timed just ahead of some developments and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's movement at FF or an announcement made prior to the evening, with the aim of neutralising some supporters.

good old esb!!! you can be certain when martin is buried in the ground, he will be the one throwing himself onto the coffin and prostrating himself , mind you there maybe some others that will fight him for that position. to my mind this agm should all be about "flour and eggs" and the like

Yes I read that (several times) and it makes no sense at all. Just a load of b*****it likes the rest of his comments.:thumbdown:

I think that is commonly known as "spin" or in layman terms "Bulls**t"

Anybody else think that the announcement of an AGM may be "good" news?

I think this may be timed just ahead of some developments and I wouldn't be surprised at all if there's movement at FF or an announcement made prior to the evening, with the aim of neutralising some supporters.

This was the very same thought that popped into my tiny little mind.

Back