• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ldnfatso

Red Rep King!
This is all rather rough, OBL's will probably be better, but i left her to get sloshed with the shareholder bubbly.

RM - Ron Martin
ST - Steve Tilson
BJ - Bill Jennings
GK - Geoffrey King

RM asked firstly why 1 person had voted against the accounts. RM said he thought this rather bizarre.
Person in question said he was disillusioned with the club and RM in particular and didn't understand the accounts anyway.

Q1. Why has there been 24 loan signings since coming down from the Championship compared to the very few in the same amount of time getting up to the Championship?
RM: Loan players although disruptive to the continuity can be useful as a "see before you buy". Buying players is a big risk, we don't wanna spend £300k on a player and pay him £1 in wages only to see him leave when his contract expires. We want some value. Peter Clarke for example would not talk about a new contract at all, however he did conduct himself with extreme professionalism on the pitch.
ST: Loan players are only a short term fix but they are useful also.
BJ: Theo Robinson/Dorian Dervitte are the sort of boys we are looking for. Players that can cope in the Championship and not players that can just cope with L1 and are out of their depth higher.
RM: Theo originally wanted to come here but Watford didn't agree. He then signed an agreement with Swindon and then backed out and went to Huddersfield. Swindon were not happy with that. Principal targets Dan Harding messed us around too much by saying he wanted Championship footy. He eventually come to terms with our salary cap then Southampton came in. As it happens he never got Championship footy. Ben Chorley met and spoke with ST but then signed for Borient siting he'd already agreed to join them. Izzy Irikpen almost joined but then said he wanted to play either abroad or somewhere hot, he chose Scotland.

Q2. Why was Alex Revell let go?
RM: Simple, strikers are paid to score goals.
ST: I thought he needed some games initially and said maybe a month's loan would be a good idea. A couple of L2 clbs came in but AR didn't want that. Then Swindon came in with a decnt wages offer for 3 months. AR accepted that. We will be back looking in the loan market in 10 days.

Q3. How is AR gonna feel when he comes back after reading GK's comments?
RM: That is unfortunate

Q4. Why can all our old players/strikers get goals elsewhere after leaving us but not when they are with us? Example Harrold, Macdonald, Hooper, Bailey,etc.
ST: Harrold got a few in L2 not this level as did Mcdonald. Bailey got goals for us so nothing has changed there. Hooper has done fantastically well and he wished he could have done that here.

Q5. How are we doing with the new stadium?
RM: We are now in advanced stages with the developers. Still planning on geing open in July 2011. The construction prices have been reduced due to falling steel prices etc which is good news. Cost is estimated at £35m still which is also good.

Q6. Is it a coincidence that Pynter, Foran, Harrold, Revell are all last day transfer signings and all failed? Were these all desperate signings as we had nothing else?
RM: No, just Conincidennce. ST makes signing decisions.

Q7. Have funds been found to pay HMRC? and is the club in financial mire?
RM: No, but they will be found & yes we will be here next year for the AGM.

Q8.Why did Medi Alibamba go?
RM: Firstly there was a disciplinary matter and secondly Derby come in the same day with a decent offer by coincidence.
ST: We discussed it and he was nowhere near the 1st team anyway. Derby must have seen something they liked.

Q9 Johnny Herd - Whats the situation?
ST: Starts tomorrow - may later go out on loan with Stuart o'Keefe.

Q10. Damien Scannell - What about him?
ST: Again, will start tomorrow. Won't last 90 mins. ST has been impressed with him

Q11. Why do we play Canvey and Wakering every preseason, why not a tour?
ST: Why not help local clubs?
RM: I have negotiated a Pre-season match vs Wigan next season as part of a deal with JJB sports so it will be Wigan, Canvey and Wakering.

Q12. If Sainsbury's are building a Retail Shell whilst the stadium is being built how will that work?
RM: Council car park at civic centre will be lent to SUFC whilst the SUFC car park gets built on.

Q13 GK has not apologized for the Standing up issue vs Barnsley, the in-house fighting issue vs Leicester last season or the AR comments this week, Why?
RM: He has nothing to apologize for.
GK: "My door is always open and i'd be happy to discuss it with you personally"

Q14. I SEL happy to sit tight as it is a majority shareholder of the club?
RM: Yes, i am.

Q15. Is 8000 still needed as a home gate to break even?
RM: No, we need Championship Football in a new stadium

Q16. Can you explain the league wage cap regulation?
RM: that only applies to L2

Q17. Expectation this season please?
ST: To win as many games as possible
RM: If in top 10 at Xmas then Playoffs. ST will not be fired though if not!

Q18: Friday night football: Is this going to be the new trend?
RM Friday night football has always been a tradition at SUFC and we like it. It tends to be only local clubs but it obviously suited Leeds too. We have to also fall in line with police requirements. Also if the opposition dosn't wanna play Friday we cant make them.

Here endeth the meeting

Last edited:
I'm still fuming - but have calmed down after a couple of free wines and smoke salmoned rolls.

Im sure fasto will comment on it - but i was one of the last to raise questions - lets put it this way, it wasn't answered.

Im sure fasto will comment on it - but i was one of the last to raise questions - lets put it this way, it wasn't answered.

He answered your question after you repeated it in a nicer (grovelling) manner - and you got to say thanks to Geoff King.

He answered your question after you repeated it in a nicer (grovelling) manner - and you got to say thanks to Geoff King.

You what - i clearly said i'd ask it in more constructive matter?? Grovel? have a word love, i agreed to meet him - but i met him after actually, and still think his a prize ****.. was my question answered?? NO. So in fact, your post is all untrue.

Ron Martin Banned him from attending by cancelling his Proxy

I'm sure LDNFatso's account will be much more comprehensive than mine, but for those interested in a summary, then do check out Longpier.com

You what - i clearly said i'd ask it in more constructive matter?? Grovel? have a word love, i agreed to meet him - but i met him after actually, and still think his a prize ****.. was my question answered?? NO. So in fact, your post is all untrue.

Fair enough. Did he answer your question backstage?

Ron did say that Chris Phllips tried to attend via the back door as a proxy, which was lodged today or yesterday- but I believe proxy forms had to be in 48 hours before the AGM

Fair enough. Did he answer your question backstage?

Nope, RM privately agreed - that he thinks King could have dealt with it better, buit quite rightly, i suppose, state he couldn't say it publicly.

Nope, RM privately agreed - that he thinks King could have dealt with it better, buit quite rightly, i suppose, state he couldn't say it publicly.

I would have thought that. RM did answer your qn (2nd time) at the AGM by backing King (suggesting he doesn't need to apologise), which he had to do but in reality he would probably have prefered him to say sorry.

I would have thought that. RM did answer your qn (2nd time) at the AGM by backing King (suggesting he doesn't need to apologise), which he had to do but in reality he would probably have prefered him to say sorry.

RM stated, he wouldn't comment on it - due to Geoff King working for him fr 18 years, and has been a loyal servant to the club. He didn't answer the question - Have you reviewed G KING's position, if not why not? that's what i wanted answered.

All RM wanted to talk about after, was my job.

what was your question or is it for the AGM clique only? ;)

RM stated, he wouldn't comment on it - due to Geoff King working for him fr 18 years, and has been a loyal servant to the club. He didn't answer the question - Have you reviewed G KING's position, if not why not? that's what i wanted answered.

All RM wanted to talk about after, was my job.

He said he doesn't think he needed to apologise. So indirectly says he doesn't feel he needs to review his position

Back