• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Thought it was maybe about time for one of these. There's lots of comments being made on various other threads so I think it's worth collecting various ideas under one heading.

Firstly, in answer to something Smiffy just asked me, this is the state of play with Directors. I've been back through the notes for the last 2 AGMs - in 2008 M Markscheffel and R Osborne were re-elected and G Lockett elected; in 2009 R Martin, P Robinson and Fran Van Wezel were all re-elected and N Brunning and G Adamson elected. There is a rolling 3 year programme, Geoffrey should have been up this time, but Ron assuredly isn't.

As to proxy voting, this is an excerpt from Wiki, which would suggest that a proxy has the right to vote only (although how easy that will be to police in practice on the night is anyone's guess!):
In the absence of his principal from the annual meeting of a business corporation, the proxy has the right to vote in all instances, but he has not the right to debate or otherwise participate in the proceedings unless he is a stockholder in that same corporation.

After you sign in and go through the main doors, would anyone really know if you were a proxy or a shareholder? There were about 150 people there last time, I'm sure they were mainly unknown to the board

So proxy holders can vote on re-election, but cannot ask general questions?
That's the way I read it...
After you sign in and go through the main doors, would anyone really know if you were a proxy or a shareholder? There were about 150 people there last time, I'm sure they were mainly unknown to the board
Absolutely, and although this is in a different place, I reckon this will be even harder to police than in the Council Chambers where at least you could have "spotters" on the balcony level.

Question 1 - Is Sainsbury's continued support of the club conditional - an dif so what are those conditions

Question 2 - Do we still owe salaries to clubs from whom we have previously signed players on loan?

Question 3 - Do you consider that our reputation for defaulting and delaying payment of playing staff impacted upon the ability to attract loan players

Question 4 - Do you feel that you persoanlly have 100% support of your fellow Board members?

Has there been any progress whatsoever with the remaining shops on Victoria Avenue? What is the timeframe for this?

What does the club feel is the general opinion within the council as to the upcoming screening opinion? Is this likely to be passed or could it cause further delays?

We were told that the Sainsbury's finance would be used to see the club over for the season which is now drawing to a close. Is this arrangement going to continue over forthcoming seasons or is further external finance going to be sought?

Season ticket prices have been increased, is there a contingency plan (i.e. further cost-cutting measures) for if revenue takes a nosedive?

The next set of accounts are due to be lodged with companies house in the next 6 weeks, can a breakdown of the expenses be made available once the accounts have been published.

The next set of accounts are due to be lodged with companies house in the next 6 weeks, can a breakdown of the expenses be made available once the accounts have been published.

This. Absolutely. One way or another that would make things so much more clear.

Also, a proxy is supposed to only be able to vote but in reality I'd expect that they'd be able to ask questions as well.

As chairman of the football club and the person formost in charge , do you feel given that we find ourselves in the basement divison treading water are unable to run the clubs finances on even keel financially and have yet to lay a brick in a stadium you promised some years ago that you are still the right choice for the top job?

I would be very much obliged if the following could be asked:

1. Which professional players at the club still remain unpaid for the month of March 2011?
2. When will the transfer embargo currently in place be lifted by the Football League?
3. What is the current number of Season Tickets already purchased for 2011/12 season?
4. What was the 'estimated' number of Season Tickets budgetted for the forthcoming season?

Thanks if anyone can ask.

We were told that the Sainsbury's finance would be used to see the club over for the season which is now drawing to a close. Is this arrangement going to continue over forthcoming seasons or is further external finance going to be sought?

Yeah, this would be my concern. Even if we get on site in the Summer (I'll believe it when I see it), we're going to be in the same boat next season as we've been for the last two - always on the verge of being unable to pay players and/or the taxman. With the £5m Sainsburys cap on lending having been reached what provisions have been put in place to plug the cashflow deficit next season?

Is there anyone in the Benfleet area where you can get a good facial?

My cleaner was just wondering...

Ron, I'm preparing a 3D remake of the 90s classic Cool Runnings. Are you available to play German bobsledder Josef Grool?

Would two gay men be banned from the shrimpers bar if caught kissing?

Excellent question. He'd find it hard to give off a pre-prepared answer to that one. When he's off guard, then follow-up with a real question!

Mind you, I suspect that if there is a pre-prepared answer even to this, it will be something along the following lines: "That's why the onions were not in the burgers for a period of time. As you can see from this monthly graph of average onions sold per match day event. Then I found out about the popular desire for them to return, so that's what I did. I ensured that they were returned. It was certainly not because of any financial constraints that they had been missing. These issues are very complex and I suspect that many people will find it hard to understand the rationale behind such strategic decisions.

We now have more onions per burgers than any of our competitors. Accrington and Dagenham are not even in the same league as us in this respect. Please see figure three attached.

Oh, is that the time? It's been great to see so many supporters here. We rely on your continued support. You truly are a special set of fans."

Cue calm amongst the natives...

How much is Steve Tilson still owed? When the obvious is responded, please ask whether he always goes back on every verbal offer he makes. Then - How does it feel to make a legend of this club feel bitter against us?

Does he consider himself a shrewd businessman or a snake?

How much of the £5 million credit facility remains as of today?

Sadly I can see another round of prepared answers, spread sheets and the usual bollocks that comes with Ron. No straight answers and no time scales.

PS - If Blonde Shrimper is reading this feel free to vote as you see fit as my proxy.

Back