• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

17 million debt doesn’t trouble anyone ? The mysteries of football economics eh ? Bewildering.

£17m in debt but nearly all that to 'in house' companies, that will be a drop in the ocean to what they stand to make from the development and subsequent income streams so it's a means to an end. That's why the whole thing has to come off for SUFC and RM.

The rent is an interesting one as we don't seem to know what income the club stands to make from the retail, housing and commercial ventures. We cannot pay that rent now (hence the current debt) so it will be no different if the additional income streams have no benefit to SUFC at Fossets Farm. Not sure if this is something we will discover in the near future, if ever

Why does everyone believe the stadium will be 3 sided. The design has changed and the project is now based as a whole.

I thought the last plans still had the main stand as a phase 2 development. Has RM now stated that all four sides will be built at the same time?

I may be wrong but didn't Ron effectively say that the £17m would be "written off" when the new ground comes to fruition? He also said that whilst they said "this summer" it is likely to be "late summer" now and they are trying to make sure there is nothing that can give it cause to be turned down. Plan B is to appeal if it is turned down.

A gentleman seemed very upset that he had been privilege to the information about Alan Moody a few years back and approached the club but they had been unsympathetic to the request, bar providing a few lines in a programme, and that it had taken tremendous work by Suffolk Shrimper in Dorset (as he is known on here) to finally get action at and with the club. Ron apologised for this many times before being allowed to move on. This shows what an important vehicle SUEPA can be in the future in making sure any future similar situations are brought to the club's attention more directly.

The post AGM buffet was excellent, as always.

'British Land been dropped' is by for the most significant piece of info here. They were the big developer/partner that was needed to get the whole thing going, without a serious investor/partner then none of this happens and RM is back to square one, he doesn't have the funds to do this on his own. Either he has another serious property firm as partner lined up, or get used to seeing all those blue hoarding around Fossetts for a very long time.

As a shareholder I was invited but had a prior engagement.

Can anyone talk me through the buffet?

'British Land been dropped' is by for the most significant piece of info here. They were the big developer/partner that was needed to get the whole thing going, without a serious investor/partner then none of this happens and RM is back to square one, he doesn't have the funds to do this on his own. Either he has another serious property firm as partner lined up, or get used to seeing all those blue hoarding around Fossetts for a very long time.

The club walked from the agreement with BL after they changed the financial goal posts. They are still on good terms and may come back in at a later date but not on the terms they wanted - which were extortionate!

As a shareholder I was invited but had a prior engagement.

Can anyone talk me through the buffet?

Platters of sandwiches and wraps (think they were M&S platters), vegetarian spring rolls and other crisp pastry munches, wedges, chicken tikka kebabs, crispy prawns, koftas, sausage rolls, cheese and onion rolls, little veggie tarts and big platters of fruit. I love a buffet, me! :smile:

The scheme needs funding but not a partner in the BL sense. TBH I think BL goi g means nothing.

The club walked from the agreement with BL after they changed the financial goal posts. They are still on good terms and may come back in at a later date but not on the terms they wanted - which were extortionate!

Platters of sandwiches and wraps (think they were M&S platters), vegetarian spring rolls and other crisp pastry munches, wedges, chicken tikka kebabs, crispy prawns, koftas, sausage rolls, cheese and onion rolls, little veggie tarts and big platters of fruit. I love a buffet, me! :smile:

Shocking no catering for gluten free shareholders.. Martin out

Typical club no Onions or chips :angry::winking:

Old Blue Lady: Platters of sandwiches and wraps (think they were M&S platters), vegetarian spring rolls and other crisp pastry munches, wedges, chicken tikka kebabs, crispy prawns, koftas, sausage rolls, cheese and onion rolls, little veggie tarts and big platters of fruit. I love a buffet, me! :smile:[/QUOTE]

I did notice that you liked the buffet but I wasn't going to tell!

Ron did mention that the whole pitch is being relaid and that the top surface had been already removed. He stated that the firm sorting out the pitch and relaying its for next season are the same firm that are doing Tottenham's new pitch. He can't retract that now, unlike the Spurs pitch!

4th highest budget. Can you explain please @rigsby

Hlm3PMq.gif

And there was I,wondering how it all disappeared so quickly!

Ron surely is being economical withe truth as Riggers has exhausted himself telling us that we have the 12th or 14th lowest budget in the division and can't afford to buy anyone from the lower reaches. Wriggly will come up with some way of explaining the differential I'm sure

Back