• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My rambling notes in case they are useful

Southend to pay rent on new stadium of around £400k
Debt (17 million) will be written off by Ron in new stadium. Not before. It's tax efficient.
No update on Cox, Powell says don't look too much into social media
Oxley met this week. No update on contracts.
Timlin is off?
Phil Brown had the 4th biggest budget in the league last season.
Big squad rebuild
Stadium will get to committee late summer. More work now means less chance of challenge. Primary funder is the retail as it is forward funded. Have let some units already.
Transport to stadium about 1000 stadium spaces and none elsewhere but will be shuttles. Looking to spread demand for transport by having before and after entertainment
No plan B on stadium beyond appealing if turned down.
British land have been dropped, they wanted more money
Target is a promotion challenge
Powell has Changed the sports science. Powell says there are rough diamonds in non league and wants players who are hungry to get to the Championship.
Ron said we signed too many old players last year

400k rent......just the beginning. SUFC will not benefit from retail or residential aspect of development by my reckoning. So just to clarify...we get a three sided stadium with no alternate income streams...and get charged for it.

400k rent......just the beginning. SUFC will not benefit from retail or residential aspect of development by my reckoning. So just to clarify...we get a three sided stadium with no alternate income streams...and get charged for it.

That's the spirit.

Why does everyone believe the stadium will be 3 sided. The design has changed and the project is now based as a whole.

Can someone clarify for me please.

Did Ron say that Timlin has not been offered a new contract?

17 million debt doesn’t trouble anyone ? The mysteries of football economics eh ? Bewildering.

He certainly did say that.

So the club's own announcement was wrong? Either way, Timlin is our longest serving player and one of our best players of the last ten years. You'd think there would at least be an announcement saying he has been released, and thanking him for literally spilling blood for the cause?

Very disappointed if he has gone.

Back