• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agogoing...?

Streaky

Manager⭐
In the Echo tonight it mentions that Ron is interested in signing a striker and he wants to come to Roots Hall (who's already got a contract elsewhere) but confirmed it wont be Junior Agogo.

Wise decision me thinks.
oops.gif

A lot of Bristol Rovers' fans have labelled him extremely lazy and only turns in on in occassions. Think, Tes Bramble, but with more ability.

Would have been a decent signing, a Agogo and Eastwood partnership would have been good if Tilly could get the best out of Agogo.

So, who do we think this forward is? Holt?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Menacy_Moleman @ June 19 2005,10:00)]leon Constantine
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
One would also hope Tilly has a better eye for a player than THAT too!
rock.gif

Quite frankly it could be anyone. If he is looking for someone under contract but available and who has played in L1 before then Luke Beckett does fit that criteria. I heard he wanted to stay in the Championship but apparently thats not true, he was keen on a move to Oldham but their bid was rejected. Personally I'd rather have Beckett than Grant Holt any day. I did see this morning however that Warnock has offered LB to Mansfield plus £150k though for Alex John-Baptiste so IF he is the man Tilly is thinking of he'll have to hope Mansfield reject the bid or Beckett won't drop down 2 divisions.

Oldham's bid for Beckett was £150k and was turned down. If (and thats a massive "if") we are going to pay that amount for a player I'd imagine it would be for someone substantially younger than him.

Much as I'd love to see Luke Beckett play for Southend, its not going to happen.

Back