• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Air Ambulances

Davros

The Whippet
Why do they get no government funding??

I bet if Ewan Blair got knocked down by a car in Essex the EAA would get called out no doubt about it, yet for years Blair has ignored calls for a Government subsidy to help these invaluable services.

On another note, the beeb have just wasted £1.2 million on 8 new idents for between shows....

How about the government force a reduction of £20 a year in the TV licence (which if they can afford to blow millions at a time is obviously over-priced), and we get taxed that extra £20 a year per person to fund air ambulances, which IMO serve a much greater purpose??

What's the odds it's Clarkson who's the £50k anonymous benefactor to the Yorkshire Air Ambulance.

In terms of the Blair family, saw a picture of them in The Sun today.  I didn't expect her to be a Page 3 stunner but what a moose his daughter is (just like her Mum then I suppose!!!)
tounge.gif

Money is wasted everywhere. For example, I work for Network Rail on the West Coast Main Line. This line has been "upgraded" over the last few years at a cost of £10 bn. Nothing works as it should and due to the massive overspend completion has been put on hiatus until 2014.

Obscene amounts of money have been blown thanks to Railway privatisation...upwards of £40-£50 bn...mostly making rich people even richer.

So who here has called out the Air Ambulance?

I was at a stag-do somewhere up north when the air ambulance was scrambled.

We'd hired for the weekend an old converted barn out in the middle of nowhere. As there was a peak nearby we thought we'd climb it, mainly as it was there, although the fact the pubs hadn't yet reopened might have also been a factor. We climbed the sensible way up it, but decided there must be a more interesting (and direct) route back down it and proceeded to blaze our own trail down it.

One of our number took a slight tumble (sliding down about 10m) and ended up cutting himself, there was a bit of blood but we thought nothing more of it until a few minutes later he seemed to suffer an allergic reaction going a funny colour, swelling up and started having difficulty breathing. We rushed him back to the barn and called 999. The paramedic turned up and by this time we'd got his breathing back to normal and with the aid of the paramedic had patched him up when we heard a helicopter. The paramedic turned to us and said "what the hell is that doing here?" None of us had any idea, but it had enough time to touch down in the field before being waved away much to the disappointment of Gav who had quite fancied a quick spin in the chopper, but had now recovered sufficiently to take a photo of it with his camera phone.

It seems a case of Chinese whispers had seen the message passed on that someone had fallen 20m and was now struggling to breathe - I'm not quite sure how that happened as the paramedic had been properly briefed when they arrived and knew it wasn't that dramatic.

Back