• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ajax v Spurs Semi Final

Well I think I have just watched the three greatest escapes and comebacks I will EVER see, and one of them was MY club. Just shows even if you go behind and facing adversary, just believe and you will normally win through.

Southend United 2 Sunderland AFC 1 (Avoided Relegation on goal difference)
Liverpool 4 Barcelona 0 (Liverpool win 4-3 on aggregate)
Ajax 2 Tottenham Hotspur 3 (Tottenham Hotspur win 3-3 on way goals)

You certainly do and you need a kind bounce and the skill to profit from it.

When the Ajax keeper spilled the ball and Moura showed good feet to shift the ball, it reminded me of Saturday. Cox was wildly appealing for a pen as it struck an outstretched Sunderland hand.......SH not only played to the whistle, had a great touch and a cool finish.

We may not be going to Madrid but were also not going to Carlisle.......That's as good as a Champions league final as far as I'm concerned.

great stuff
great for British football
Now i hope and pray that both Arsenal & Chelsea make it an all British cup final.
The Germans are praying for Frankfurt to knock out Chelsea.I hope not.
But they have 2,900 tickets,but maybe 8,000 will be in London.
They will make it a great atmosphere.
Could be a GREAT week for me living here in the VATERLAND

Hotel I once booked for €12 a night available for €900 a night that weekend. Cheapest flights at £700 each way, as opposed to the £20 each way I’ve got booked for a few weeks time.

A fellow Shrimper and also Liverpool season ticket holder was just telling me because he booked on the journey back from Anfield on Tuesday. He on the Southend to Alicante flight for £50 on Thursday and back from Bilbao on the Tuesday for just £30

No hotels in Madrid so Train in on the Saturday from Alicante and on the 07:00 Sunday bus to Bilbao. He is meeting up with some other Rayleigh based Scousers who left it late and have had to bite the bullet and have paid top dollar to be on the 17:00 Friday flight to Barcelona

Back