• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Akinola free to Leave

I mean, it shouldn't come as a surprise but only a couple days ago on here some were suggesting him and PB were starting to gel?

Is what it is, if he isn't PBs type of player then it's for the best. Just waiting on ANG now.

It’s very strange as why exactly is he not PB’s ‘cup of tea’. We may never find out the reason but what exactly could he have done to upset PB so much.
I’m disappointed as he would have been a good squad member.

Well, he doesn't have to find another club. He can stay at Southend and pick up a wage for doing nothing or the club can try and pay him off. Nice one.

Probably the best player at the club on his day. We will be a weaker team without him.

Was finally looking forward to seeing him play in a team that wasn't getting smashed week in week out.

I trust PB in that he knows what attributes he wants and that Akinola doesn't fit that bill. He didn't exactly act as our saviour last year, did he? Very much out of favour. Maybe he doesn't pull up enough trees in training.

ANG will also be on the way, I'm sure.

Frankly, whilst I'm not unhappy with the players that have remained, I wouldn't have cared if they had ALL left. We have had a shambolic 2.5 seasons.

A new broom sweeps clean, etc. etc.

I guess tonight’s appearance was for any watching scouts then. Look forward to seeing this striker that will raise eyebrows as his replacement.

Reactions: fbm
Back