• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan McCormack appreciation thread

Macca is an excellent player and deserves to be offered a decent contract at SUFC. He breaks up play like a right terrier in the middle of the park. He also makes some superb runs into the box to receive the ball and has scored some quality goals. Added to that he has calmed down sufficiently that he is still an excellent player but without catching the eye of the referee in every game.

I liked him from day one and was inspired enough to get the red away shirt done when he joined....16 - McCormack...

I hope he stays because he brings a very welcome 110% attitude into his play and when hes chasing everything it inspires the rest to do likewise.

Yes he has had off games but then when hes not quite chasing everything, its pretty obvious to all he isnt. I think its more his style of play that perhaps gets him noticed more when he isnt on song.

Hes been an excellent player and worthy of such a thread....

Wel Harrold is in his rightful place now - on the transfer list so I was right about his ability or we would still have him here. I never knocked Harrolds efforts I just said he wasn't good enough. Some people on here think you are some sort devil child if you dare to slag the players off. Strap on a pair of balls and say what you really feel about them!

I do. I'm not saying Harrold was a brilliant player for us but I have defended him regularly because I genuinely think he has attributes that were overlooked by a lot of fans on here. That's my genuine opinion, I'm not sticking up for him for the sake of it.

This will be my 3rd year as a STH which means I have put a lot of my own money into the club not to mention all the times I travel away etc etc and all the previous years I bought tickets every other week, so I think I am more than entitled to put my views across without being made out to be some horrible person that will only slag the players off.

Sure. You're far from the only person on here with strong views so I apologise if you think I was singling you out. Incidentally, this will be my third year as a STH too. :)

Right, back to Alan McCormack...

Macca needs to improve his passing but he's a great all-action midfielder with a very useful goal tally so I hope he does sign an extension.

Macca needs to improve his passing but he's a great all-action midfielder with a very useful goal tally so I hope he does sign an extension.

Glad that didn't break out into a full scale riot! STH's rule ;)

I would be more gutted about loosing Macca than any other player I think - oh sorry apart from Darryl (sorry Darryl you're still my number one...). Macca will hold the team together and his never say die attitude along with Barretts is what we need. I hope that Macca and Barrett can be the ones that will show any new players exactly what playing for Southend means.

just seen this, top ten of all time sufc players, dont think so possibly in the top 100

If it was my comment you are referring to, I'm saying Macca should push on and become one of the top 10 all-time players, not that he is now.

I assume you're not exactly a Macca fan, remember a lot of people took years & years to appreciate a certain other midfielder with Irish connections!

Exactly. Macca is being realistic and keeping his options open in a mature way. If no one comes in for him then I am sure that he will be more than happy to be wearing the SUFC badge next year until he gets a move that he will deserve. Bailey has gone about it all wrong in my opinion.

If it's true that all Bailey wanted was the move and not the money then he would have said "thanks for the offer thats great, but I'd like to keep my options open for now as I have ambitions to play higher" - fair enough. The fact that we have now learnt that he would have been happy to stay at RH if his wages were doubled shows that it clearly is about the money and not ambition. Bore off Bailey.

can you please stop slagging bailey off every time he is mentioned. its getting a wee bit tiresome now

Its almost as if she has a ginger complex.

Yes, I want macca to sign on for southend as he is a key player for southend and with Bailey on the transfer list, black and maher released and gower not sure if he is staying or going, he will be one of the only midfielders at southend who is staying there (other one being Moussa)

Hasn't he got another year on his contract? I'm sure he has!!!

Back