• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan McCormack appreciation thread

Irish_Shrimper

Ant from across the Pond
Macca has reportedly rejected a contract extension I hear. IMO he is absolutely integral to any future success we may have, and would be devestated to see him sold on. With so many going out the door, we can now rebuild the midfield around Macca, and move onwards and upwards with that passion he brings to each match. As OBL said in another thread also, this lad obviously wants to be here, as he wanted to come here from Preston due to his loan spell beforehand. He's got the club at heart, and please god they can come to an ammicable financial agreement in terms of wages that both sides are happy with.

I know he gets a mate to look at SZ for him, so in the small hope of him being swayed by what us fans think, list your messages of appreciation here!

Last edited:
Absolutely - come on Macca, forgive the imbecilic minority who caused you grief from the stands last year and instead reflect on the adoration of the majority of the fans. Remember the euphoria when you've scored for us and the adulation, let's keep the good times going and please be a massive part of our apparent brand new team building exercise.

At the moment he could well be our biggest player next season! Southend's Roy Keane!!

As said above, Macca, remember the celebrations at Huddersfield & Carlisle and even before that our magical last Championship victory up at Preston. Ignore the rambings of a few "fans" who don't see what you bring to the team and lead us on into the future. Take yourself from being fondly remembered to one of the true Top10 all-time SUFC legends.

Macca is integral to our team.

Never gives the opposition a moments peace.

It was not a coincidence that our form in the championship picked up when we signed him.

Please stay forever Macca coz we love you!

He'll be transfer listed by the end of the week.

That would be my bet.

We don't know the in's and out's of the contract talks though. If Bailey, Clarke & Francis were pushing for pay rises beyond what Ron was willing to spend and Macca has just said that he wants to see out his contract and see what happens next summer then I'd guess he could stay without signing a new contract. Unlike the other three we didn't spend much on him in terms of a transfer fee.

It's all guesswork at the moment though, isn't it?

Last edited:
If Macca doesn't want to be here good luck to him. He is highly appreciated by great sections of the support and i hope he is able to agree a new contract as he is a gifted footballer who brings a lot to our side. I'd like him to be here next season and i think he will.

what i'd like to know...is if we can't agree contracts with Bailey, Francis or Clarke why are they put on the transfer list and Macca isn't?
theres surely something going on here...

what i'd like to know...is if we can't agree contracts with Bailey, Francis or Clarke why are they put on the transfer list and Macca isn't?
theres surely something going on here...

My best guess would be that it is because Macca has turned down a new contract to keep his options open, not because he wanted more cash, whereas the other three have actually demanded a big pay rise to stay.

My best guess would be that it is because Macca has turned down a new contract to keep his options open, not because he wanted more cash, whereas the other three have actually demanded a big pay rise to stay.

Exactly. Macca is being realistic and keeping his options open in a mature way. If no one comes in for him then I am sure that he will be more than happy to be wearing the SUFC badge next year until he gets a move that he will deserve. Bailey has gone about it all wrong in my opinion.

If it's true that all Bailey wanted was the move and not the money then he would have said "thanks for the offer thats great, but I'd like to keep my options open for now as I have ambitions to play higher" - fair enough. The fact that we have now learnt that he would have been happy to stay at RH if his wages were doubled shows that it clearly is about the money and not ambition. Bore off Bailey.

Exactly. Macca is being realistic and keeping his options open in a mature way. If no one comes in for him then I am sure that he will be more than happy to be wearing the SUFC badge next year until he gets a move that he will deserve. Bailey has gone about it all wrong in my opinion.

If it's true that all Bailey wanted was the move and not the money then he would have said "thanks for the offer thats great, but I'd like to keep my options open for now as I have ambitions to play higher" - fair enough. The fact that we have now learnt that he would have been happy to stay at RH if his wages were doubled shows that it clearly is about the money and not ambition. Bore off Bailey.

can you please stop slagging bailey off every time he is mentioned. its getting a wee bit tiresome now

just seen this, top ten of all time sufc players, dont think so possibly in the top 100

can you please stop slagging bailey off every time he is mentioned. its getting a wee bit tiresome now

Well could you please tell me your take on things then? Do you think he deserves double his salary? Do think that it was Ron's mistake to turn down his request? I just can't understand this. If Bailey is just keeping his options open then I really don't have a problem with that. However, his agent has asked for Baileys wages to be doubled. So that tells me that he is only keeping his options open wages wise. If Ron had accepted the double wages request then Bailey would still be playing at RH next season which is not being ambitious - it's seeing how much he can get paid. I am failing to see any other take on this and would love someone to enlighten me!

At least it's diverted her away from her anti-Harrold rants.

Wel Harrold is in his rightful place now - on the transfer list so I was right about his ability or we would still have him here. I never knocked Harrolds efforts I just said he wasn't good enough. Some people on here think you are some sort devil child if you dare to slag the players off. Strap on a pair of balls and say what you really feel about them!

This will be my 3rd year as a STH which means I have put a lot of my own money into the club not to mention all the times I travel away etc etc and all the previous years I bought tickets every other week, so I think I am more than entitled to put my views across without being made out to be some horrible person that will only slag the players off.

Last edited:
Back