• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The Echo this morning is reporting that PB is to hold talks with Alan McCormack with a view to signing him as the holding midfielder. Brown's thoughts are that this would free up Lenny to push on more. My view is we should look for somebody a bit younger with room to grow with the team, but we know Phil loves a bit of experience. If he signs, McCormack would certainly add a bit of steel (and a few yellow cards).

At 33 years old what do you think, good idea, bad idea?

Could you imagine the amount of free kicks we would concede just outside the box.

Would rather we sign an attacking minded midfielder and leave Lenny to it. He's won the player of the season for three of the last four seasons, why try and change his game now?

Would rather we sign an attacking minded midfielder and leave Lenny to it. He's won the player of the season for three of the last four seasons, why try and change his game now?
Brown already changed his game! He sits back much more defensive under Brown, as opposed to that driving CM! When was the last time he was let off the lead and drove from defence to attack?!

If we're looking for a holding midfielder, and certainly one who could cover other positions, we could definitely do worse.

The fact that we're looking for a holding midfielder on the other hand... Yes Lenny can drive forward and is very effective at it but it's a whole different style to Wordsworth, which is what would surely make more sense to have a like for like similar style player.

Equally, going public might be his way of hurrying along contract talks with Atkinson and Timlin.

I don't mind going back for certain ex players if they've still got a bit of life in them. Barrett was excellent and helped us with our promotion. As for McCormack he was good for us but now at 33 will he be any good? Didn't he also start playing at centre back for Brentford rather than in midfield?

The Echo this morning is reporting that PB is to hold talks with Alan McCormack with a view to signing him as the holding midfielder. Brown's thoughts are that this would free up Lenny to push on more. My view is we should look for somebody a bit younger with room to grow with the team, but we know Phil loves a bit of experience. If he signs, McCormack would certainly add a bit of steel (and a few yellow cards).

At 33 years old what do you think, good idea, bad idea?

How many games did he play for Brentford last season? I was at Fulham's last home game against Brentford and although AM was in the squad/programme he didn't even make the bench.

How many games did he play for Brentford last season? I was at Fulham's last home game against Brentford and although AM was in the squad/programme he didn't even make the bench.

Doing a little search from what I can find he played 12 times with only 2 starts.

[h=2]Alan McCormack talks[/h]

I've heard him talk + i ll be honest , i couldnt understand a damn word he said. :winking:

If we're looking for a holding midfielder, and certainly one who could cover other positions, we could definitely do worse.

The fact that we're looking for a holding midfielder on the other hand... Yes Lenny can drive forward and is very effective at it but it's a whole different style to Wordsworth, which is what would surely make more sense to have a like for like similar style player.

Equally, going public might be his way of hurrying along contract talks with Atkinson and Timlin.

Just because the Echo are publishing this doesn't mean PB went public.

Good player in his prime. Let down by the club (Ron) back then. Wouldn't want him back now, well past his best.

Just because the Echo are publishing this doesn't mean PB went public.
Well someone very close to PB if not him if they're revealing his plans to push Lenny further forward, etc. Haven't seen the Echo article and took RHB's post to mean that it had come from PB.

Well someone very close to PB if not him if they're revealing his plans to push Lenny further forward, etc. Haven't seen the Echo article and took RHB's post to mean that it had come from PB.

It was Justin Beiber -- coz he's still waiting to see Lenny's special Beiber goal celebration

The only reason he was still at Brentford last season was that in 2015/16 he made enough appearances to automatically trigger a one year extension. They didn't really want to keep him.

I think we need some young legs to do the running for the oldies in the squad not another one who's losing their legs.

So if Lenny's gonna be pushed further forward, who's being dropped?

Surprised OBL hasn't reacted to this yet, maybe the restraining order is still in place...

If he still has a good engine then he could be a good signing as he will do a good job in front of the back 3 or 4, think he will only get a 1 year deal tho.

Back