• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alan McCormack

****ing hell!!! The guy had just become a father! Is he not allowed to go and celebrate? Jeez! :angry:

Yup, can't excuse it. Stupid thing to do, not as if Swindon have nothing to play for. I know they are pretty much assured of the title, but it's not over and for one of your senior players to go on a bender - well, don't blame di Canio for blowing up with them.

Also said he'd replace them with youth players if they didn't have the same poor professionalism as the seniors!

So, hang on, this took place on a SATURDAY night, after they had played and beaten Plymouth that afternoon and you're all coming over all sanctimonious and saying they shouldn't have gone out? Why the hell not?! I've got no problem with players going out in the evening after they've played, even less so if they've won, where is the harm in it? **** me, in the not too distant past they'd have probably been getting lashed in the clubhouse or a nearby pub!

It sounds like there was an issue, and he's apologised. So obviously it went too far and wasn't just 'going out'. Agree with the others though, as a new parent for just a week I'm surprised he's off out on the razz

Well the Macca haters are out for this one. Does it annoy you to know he is soon to become a Champion and had an outstanding season?

Sadly some havent got over the last season he had with us when they club treated the players like sh*t and because he was a big earner its all his own fault. He was the last player anyone was moaning about when things were good.

****ing hell!!! The guy had just become a father! Is he not allowed to go and celebrate? Jeez! :angry:

He should be with his new born child not out getting wrecked.

P.s. he doesn't play for us anymore so you don't have to defend him anymore

P.p.s Moussa is better

Wow he had a drink 3 days before a game.

How awful.

Based on that and most teams playing 2 games a week then that leaves a window of about 12 minutes a week a footballer can have a drink, and then it should only be a small sherry.

He should be with his new born child not out getting wrecked.

P.s. he doesn't play for us anymore so you don't have to defend him anymore

P.p.s Moussa is better

Wetting the baby's head is a standard tradition and Im pretty sure you dont have to both look after the baby 24 hours a day. Even parents are allowed out, those of us who have had small babies will know its the thing that keeps you sane !

Wow he had a drink 3 days before a game.

How awful.

Based on that and most teams playing 2 games a week then that leaves a window of about 12 minutes a week a footballer can have a drink, and then it should only be a small sherry.

Wetting the baby's head is a standard tradition and Im pretty sure you dont have to both look after the baby 24 hours a day. Even parents are allowed out, those of us who have had small babies will know its the thing that keeps you sane !

It hasn't been explained what they did which has led to punishment/apologies. No problem with players going out for a drink, but my guess is that he got smashed and for a footballer and new parent that's not really a good move. I thought macca would have learned after his previous issues

He might have got away with this sort of stuff here under Tilson but Powell soon found him out at Charlton and I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Di Canio.

No issue with players going out for a beer, but getting smashed on a Saturday when you're playing on a Tuesday seems borderline.

However the issue isn't whether we think it's acceptable. Di Canio obviously doesn't and I imagine that he's made that clear to them. He's then had to leave the country because his Mum had died and as soon as he's gone, half of his team go out on the ****.

It hasn't been explained what they did which has led to punishment/apologies. No problem with players going out for a drink, but my guess is that he got smashed and for a footballer and new parent that's not really a good move. I thought macca would have learned after his previous issues

It was 3 days before a game and I guess the Sunday was a day off.

He is entitled to have as many drinks as he likes. If they go into a fight or something thats different.

Why do people think they have a right to say what footballers do in their private lives?

So what if has a new born, as long as mum isnt drunk at the same time it has no relevance, she will no doubt be the one who has to look after it anyway due to breast feeding.

No issue with players going out for a beer, but getting smashed on a Saturday when you're playing on a Tuesday seems borderline.

However the issue isn't whether we think it's acceptable. Di Canio obviously doesn't and I imagine that he's made that clear to them. He's then had to leave the country because his Mum had died and as soon as he's gone, half of his team go out on the ****.

If 3 days isnt enough then players wont get much time to let their hair down playing twice a week.

Back