• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dear All,

As so many of you gave so generously to the Moody Blues campaign in August (total raised was over £11,500 in the end) I thought you'd like a quick update on Alan as I've just received a card from him.

The big news is that, after a number of lessons, he has just passed his test for a specially adapted car which he's thrilled about and hopes to now shortly get one. I'll see if I can get a pic from him/his daughter Claire when that happens.

He added that he hopes to see us all again and maybe this time he might feel he can go on the pitch. It might be that an opportunity will arise re this in connection with an ex-players association idea that is currently in the embryonic stage (news on that, prob via Shrimpers Trust, will follow at a later date) there is an initial meeting to kick that off next week.

Alan again passes on his thanks to everyone for all that was done for him. I really feel that the supporters of our club did a great thing here and made a real difference for one of our own

UTB

Good news, would love to have him back and able to confidently take the applause of supporters out on the pitch.

Great news, and well done for passing that test.

I would love to see him come back and get the on-field applause he deserves. As far as I'm concerned, he can do it every home game if he wants.

Wow, fantastic! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

... and we worry about a couple of away defeats! :blush:

He is my all time club legend. We may have had a few, for short spells, that went on to do big things but he was a real club man, a professional and always committed. A very, very good player. I wish him well.

Back