• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Aldershot away (Sat 26 Nov) tickets now on sale

It must be close to 30 years since I last went to Aldershot. IIRC it was a bit of a craphole, is my memory playing tricks on me?

No, especially as they provide just a few Portaloos for 1400 away fans!!
What about the town itself? I don’t recall it being all that.

I’m trying to think of a reason to go (other than football of course).

Please see my comments from the start of the thread. The ground won’t have changed since you last visited apart from the portaloos. The town itself is awful. Awful ground and awful place. Awful.

What about the town itself? I don’t recall it being all that.

I’m trying to think of a reason to go (other than football of course).
It used to be an Army Garrison town , large floating military community (was the home of the Parachute Regiment) - now based in :COLU: I believe, as is the largest military prison

4 tickets bought making it Solihull, Chesterfield, York and Aldershot to collect some grounds this year with Bromley away planned for NY Day and a first return to fortress Roots Hall in 7 years for Solihull at home. I need the win against Solihull for bragging rights in the local where the owner drinks.

Went last year. Freezing cold. Couldn't hardly see as the lights were out trying to get to the away end. Porta cabins were overflowing.

I'll decide nearer the time. Its probably a game to drive to, to be honest.

Oh the Joy's of away days in the NL from the decent facilities at Daggers York and Barnet and fairly good ones at Woking and Maidstone to the poor ones at Wealdstone and the upcoming Aldershot.Frankly I struggle to know how some clubs get permission to operate as some Toilets and catering on offer are not fit for animals let alone humans.

Funny thing is, we go on about other grounds having terrible facilities, but you could row a boat on the West Stand toilet floors on Tuesday night!

I get the anti Aldershot feeling but surely we are supposed to be getting behind the team and giving them our all in getting out of this league.If everyone felt the same and we didn't have any support what signal does that send out to the players.
100% this

I get the anti Aldershot feeling but surely we are supposed to be getting behind the team and giving them our all in getting out of this league.If everyone felt the same and we didn't have any support what signal does that send out to the players.
You either have principles or you don't. I've seen Southend play in 154 different stadiums and will continue to follow them near and far.. but not to Aldershot. They will survive without me.

It used to be an Army Garrison town , large floating military community (was the home of the Parachute Regiment) - now based in :COLU: I believe, as is the largest military prison
Local ground for me, since Paras moved out the Gurkhas have moved in - commonly known as Nepaldershot around these parts. Some bloody good curries to be had however with only four portaloos not a great idea

You either have principles or you don't. I've seen Southend play in 154 different stadiums and will continue to follow them near and far.. but not to Aldershot. They will survive without me.
Well said Magnum. Too many Johnny come latelys on this thread. Real fans have been going for years and have no need to explain why they don’t want to attend…

Back