• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Aldershot Town v Southend United, Tuesday 25th January, 1945ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 95 87.2%
  • Jason Demitriou

Votes: 36 33.0%
  • Leon Davies

Votes: 58 53.2%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 94 86.2%
  • Kasper Łopata

• Nathan Ralph

Votes: 92 84.4%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 84 77.1%
  • Harrison Neal

Votes: 92 84.4%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 69 63.3%
  • Matt Dennis

• Sam Dalby

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Noor Husin

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Collin Ndeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Harry Seaden

• Josh Coulson

• John White

• Jack Bridge

• James Dunne (if fit)

• Abu Ogogo (if fit)

• Rhys Murphy (if fit)

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Win

Votes: 43 39.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 39 35.8%
  • Lose

Votes: 7 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions only seem divided so far on who plays at RB (Demi or Davies) and who plays in Central Midfield (Atko or Husin) - we're pretty much of one mind on the other 9 starters.

For my money, it's Demi and Atko with the other two on the bench coming on if we need to chase the game as they're more attacking minded.

Opinions only seem divided so far on who plays at RB (Demi or Davies) and who plays in Central Midfield (Atko or Husin) - we're pretty much of one mind on the other 9 starters.

For my money, it's Demi and Atko with the other two on the bench coming on if we need to chase the game as they're more attacking minded.
Same for me. Demi was my mom v Yeovil and whilst I’m liking the look of Davies not sure he is 100% match fit yet but brilliant impact sub if things are not going our way.

I'd personally go unchanged, with Demi coming back on the bench. Some people might say bring Davies on if we are chasing the game, which is glass half empty.

Why not bring Demi on when we're 3-0 up, having witnessed Davies whip 3 pearlers onto Cardwell's head and help us see out the game?

I'd personally go unchanged, with Demi coming back on the bench. Some people might say bring Davies on if we are chasing the game, which is glass half empty.

Why not bring Demi on when we're 3-0 up, having witnessed Davies whip 3 pearlers onto Cardwell's head and help us see out the game?
This for sure, id also play Husin ahead of Will. Nothing against Will but we have options available and with three games in a week coming up surely we are able to rotate with better quality in the squad

At 1-1–almost all of the 2nd half on Friday-we had to keep reminding ourselves that a draw would not HAVE been the disaster that a defeat would HAVE been,so there was much brick-sh...ing when Atkinson kept giving the ball away,even sideways and backwards.
Husin must start.
Davies looked good,he’ll be a good replacement for Demi eventually. Can’t see Howard making it.

This for sure, id also play Husin ahead of Will. Nothing against Will but we have options available and with three games in a week coming up surely we are able to rotate with better quality in the squad
Do we know that Husin has the engine and defensive qualities to play in a midfield two of the sort we've been using recently?

I know we it with every game but this is a must win game.

With neither Altrincham or Barnet playing we will move up to 15th with a win

From their forum “Big game under the lights tomorrow…unless we’re 2 - 0 down with 20 minutes to play.” ?
"It’s nice playing bigger clubs like Southend etc compared to these diddy clubs like Eastleigh and wood but I safely predict there won’t be 7000 at the rec tonight"

In reality it will be 343 again and probably unchanged however the new and returning players offer some questions.

One post suggested moving to 532 which allows husin to start but means dropping one if the strikers - probably Dalby?

Does bridge come back in to lwb or perhaps move into a similar amc role to husin?

Or do we keep the 3 upfront and go 4 at the back to accommodate an attacking midfielders a 433. I'd love us to do this personally

Arnold
Davies kasper hobson Ralph
Neal Atkinson
Husin
Dennis Dalby cardwell

Subs
Bridge (or walsh) demi clifford kensdale ferguson

433 just wouldn’t work mate. We’d have no width going forward and would get killed. The reason for the 343 is because we have quality wing backs in Clifford & Davies/JD to fit the system, and the front 3 staying forward is so dangerous attacking wise and defending from the front has been great.

The left and right sided centre half’s (Ralph & Hobson) are also encouraged to overlap too, hence Hobson’s assist on Friday night.

343 is now a must and it won’t change, Maher has it spot on and the whole squad have an understanding of it. Can’t wait for tonight, expecting another exciting performance.

UTB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back