• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
So with Moshni and Gilbert already out and Barker doubtful, Sawyer now joins the list of players unavailable for this game.

CJPhillips1982

Sawyer suffers another thigh injury and reveals he will miss boxing day game at aldershot.

We just need a bit of luck to get back to winning ways. I goal off someones backside, should have been offside or something like that.

I'd start with,
Morris

Clohessy Barker Phillips Prosser

Grant Timlin Ferdinand

Hall Sturrock Dickinson​

Phillips: I'm fit for Shots!

MARK Phillips has given Southend United a huge boost by declaring himself fit for the Boxing Day clash at Aldershot.

More...

For me to have Philips fit is a massive boost, we have started to leak quite a few goals in recent times, for me the back 5 picks itself bar gilbert, who I think has being our weakest link for sometime, anyone who watches the blues week in week out cannot deny this fact, I would maybe put prosser in at LB which I believe is his best position .
who agrees and disagrees?

Absolutely, so frustrating, a player who is so prone to injury is a luxury we can ill afford which is why I believe he'll be off at the earliest opportunity.
Not so prone really just frustratingly unlucky with the timing of the injury for Sawyer himself as he has been fit and raring to go for many of the games he has fully trained hard for,not that it should ever bother you anyway , I noted you couldn't bring yourself in the after match thread to comment about the game which you normally do would that be because you might have had to say how much better Grant and Sawyer did when they come on ......as you never compliment Sawyer do you.?

Think this'll be a tough game with the injuries and suspensions we have, would be satisfied with a point to stop the run of defeats. Looking forward to it though, my first game since Crewe away, a new ground for me and terracing which is a rare delight these days. My team would be:

Daniels
Clohessy - Phillips - Barker (if fit, Coughlan if not) - Prosser
Hall - Ferdinand - Grant - Timlin
Dickinson - Harris

Subs: Morris, Coughlan (Nesbitt if he's playing), Kalala, Leonard, Sturrock

Never mind who we put out there. Just stick your money on Guttridge scoring! You just know it.

Not so prone really just frustratingly unlucky with the timing of the injury for Sawyer himself as he has been fit and raring to go for many of the games he has fully trained hard for,not that it should ever bother you anyway , I noted you couldn't bring yourself in the after match thread to comment about the game which you normally do would that be because you might have had to say how much better Grant and Sawyer did when they come on ......as you never compliment Sawyer do you.?
As I wasn't there, did not listen to any commentary or even know the score until it was texted through at the end, I was in no position to comment so I didn't! Honestly, I get moaned at for posting too often and then get moaned at when I don't post at all!

Gutted that Sawyer is out.

Hopefully Barker is fit. Midfield for me would be Hall Grant Kalala Timlin, with Harris and Dickinson up top.

Need Kalala in there as away from home, need someone to break up the play.

Coughlan, Sturrock, Ferdinand, Morris AN other on the bench

Gutted that Sawyer is out.

Hopefully Barker is fit. Midfield for me would be Hall Grant Kalala Timlin, with Harris and Dickinson up top.

Need Kalala in there as away from home, need someone to break up the play.

Coughlan, Sturrock, Ferdinand, Morris AN other on the bench

I would say that we need that anchor man, whether that is Kalala or Ferdinand, I fully believe that in the modern day game the anchor man is the most important position on pitch. That is at home and away. The best parts of Kalala's game are when he wins the ball he get's it forward/out to the wings as quickly as possible and obviously his die hard approach to winning the ball!

Sawyer to miss festive fixtures

LEE Sawyer will miss all of Southend United’s festive fixtures after suffering a recurrence of a thigh problem.

More...

Back