• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend Pier

Manager
A fixture that will fire up many of the Blues contingent over what happened on that infamous boxing day. A game I feel we need to be on our guard as this isn't a match where there's a good chance it could peeter out early because of both teams having next to nothing to play for. Aldershot should be giving it everything they've got as its possibly the last chance they have of putting themselves in a better position to where they are now. Defeat for them may well condemn them to the FL trapdoor which is why Blues will have to play as well as possible. My philosophy is that no defeat is acceptable in any circumstance or event. Thought that wum shots fan would have been on here by now also. I think this could actually be a good match.

Would be nice to beat them. Would put them I think 3 points off with 2 games left. Of course, we have to win first.

I certainly think we owe them one after last season. If it weren't for their floodlight failure, would Luggy be sacked now?

I don't think that we can actually relegate them on the day, but we can certainly make sure that it becomes an impossible task! Shame I can't be there (can't get to the coach in time after school), but will be hoping that we can demolish those *******s.

Same here, I feel Aldershot wreaked their floodlight in a bid to get the game called off and they succeed. 1-0 up, they down to 10 men's, we was in control and look like to add more goals while Aldershot don't look like scoring. I believe in a football karma, and I hope it's come on Tuesday. Looking at their fixture, they are good as down and it's be nice to help them on way down.

I hope they're winning 1-0, the floodlights go out at half time. In the replayed game we win 2-0 and they miss out on staying up by 1 point.

I ****ing hate aldersh*t. Hope we smash the tin pot club and send them back to the conference, never to return.

I certainly think we owe them one after last season. If it weren't for their floodlight failure, would Luggy be sacked now?

If it wasn't for their floodlight failure we'd be in League One.

Why do people waste so much time with bitter and petty posts about relegating Aldershot ?
We have enough of our won problems and should worry about ourselves and quite what type of challenge we can mount next season.
Think these type of moans show us up in the eyes of others.
We should be above this type of thing , but sadly not.
Think they'll be plenty of teams waiting for us to fail big time next season.

Why do people waste so much time with bitter and petty posts about relegating Aldershot ?
We have enough of our won problems and should worry about ourselves and quite what type of challenge we can mount next season.
Think these type of moans show us up in the eyes of others.
We should be above this type of thing , but sadly not.
Think they'll be plenty of teams waiting for us to fail big time next season.

Because our problems are exacerbated by that fixture at Aldershot last year. I'm not enough of a conspiracy theorist to think that the sabotaged the floodlights, but I believe with every fibre of my being that they didn't make a reasonable effort to fix it and probably put plenty of pressure on the referee to call the game off. I don't think that this is petty at all, it's a genuine gripe with a club which screwed us over.

Yes, I was at the Boxing Day game, and we were looking good, and the rest is history. However, I went to the re-arranged fixture and we did not turn up, it was a dreadful game, I think that they had Dean Holdsworth appointed and had some loan players in that didn`t play in the original fixture.
They will be up for this game, and will be scrapping for everything, I would like us to play football, keeping the ball and playing it around, width, solid defence, and enjoying it. They do not seem to be enjoying playing at the moment, we need to get back to teams fearing us, and with the squad we have, why can`t we seem to keep our purple patches going for longer than 12 to 13 games?
It would be good to pass them off the park, Tuesday night and win 3 or 4 Nil.

Up the Blues.

Back