• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah, looked like a slip to me!

That said, I don't believe any footballer (other than perhaps Roy Keane) would ever deliberately hurt another player. A player may go in hard, and even be reckless, but I doubt they do it with the specific intention of injuring a fellow professional.

Phil Brown did actually say on the Football League highlights on Channel 5 that he thought Gilbey's standing leg may have slipped. It was still a reckless challenge though and he didn't exactly apologise afterwards.

Phil Brown did actually say on the Football League highlights on Channel 5 that he thought Gilbey's standing leg may have slipped. It was still a reckless challenge though and he didn't exactly apologise afterwards.

I guess that is the crux of it. Instead of saying I slipped, he could easily have said that it was an accident, but that he's sorry. As much as I don't believe it was on purpose, he could still do the right thing.

On twitter:

Alex Gilbey ‏@agilbey8

@UnitedSufc very deluded people if you think it was done on purpose. I slipped.
i replied to the comment on Twitter by saying is that why you went in with handbags straight after as well then eh:smile:

He jumped in, it's clear as day. Showed the clip to some football fans at work and they couldn't remember seeing a worse tackle

It's a terribly poor challenge not just dangerous but in terms of a crap attempt to tackle someone. That's still absolutely no evidence to say he meant to hurt Leonard.

As others have said Timlins was bad the other week but the guy got up and wasn't hurt. These things happen in football.

It was a reckless tackle and a definite red card. I don't see anything to suggest that it was done to deliberately hurt Leonard.

No class, but what do you expect from someone who grew up in Colchester.

Looked like a slip to me if I'm being brutally honest much as it pains me to say.......

Ref in his rights to send him off though as he didn't exactly try to take any preventative action or pull out from the challenge.

Just one of those things. Leonard was just as likely to get up and walk away without a scratch as he did with a 10 week injury......Just bad luck.

Yeah right. You don't just slip and put someone out for 10 weeks. The more I see of Col Ewe, the more I hate them

Well, I think you won't be seeing them any more this season, nor next probably, unless they make a miraculous recovery this season.

Gilbey's tackle was late and he is now banned for three games as a result, that's the punishment for his foul. The tackle was late/bad but I have seen others as bad and worse. It's probably time to move on I think.

Back