• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just wanted to know peoples opinions on Alex Woodyard. He started 3 games last season, regularly featured for the reserves and has been very involved in pre season this year.
I cannot see what he brings to the side, he cant pass, is not very big so physically not the best. Yet Sturrock & co seem to constantly be sticking with him.
I have seen enough of him now to pass judgement and really do not rate him.
Would be interested to know everyone elses opinion

He has certainly "beefed up" for this season but having only seen him in training and against Wakering, where he played well it is a bit to soon to judge really..I think he will be a very useful squad player for us this year and we have to see how he develops this season before condemning him to the scrapheap.

ive seen him agaisnt great wakering and braintree last night and thought he had an excellent game in both. If one of our midfielders was injured/suspended, i wouldnt be worried one bit to put him in there place. Although merrick would be just ahead, I still rate woodyard.

Ive always rated Woody, his a very busy player, dont let the opposition settle on the ball and breaks down the play very well. he is only 17/18 years old he will only get better

Well he must have something as PS seems to rate him. Only seen him once and wasnt overly impressed as he seemed to small but I am more than willing to give him a chance.

All I would say in his defence is he is so young. We as fans see the player and often judge them as they are and I think players develop at different rates. He is meant to have a very good attitude of the pitch too so maybe thats a factor. Either way its nice to see players starting to develop under the youth system as lets be honest for 20 years we basically saw very little.

Back