• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done Woody . I was a big fan of his enthusiasm + his potential ability and i got slaughtered many times on here for calling him to be given more games ahead of other more established players at the time. He's as thick as 2 short planks but a lovely fella + i'm really glad he's now showing others what he's about. I'm surprised he's still only 21 -- just shows you how young he was when he was playing for us ....

Well done Woody . I was a big fan of his enthusiasm + his potential ability and i got slaughtered many times on here for calling him to be given more games ahead of other more established players at the time. He's as thick as 2 short planks but a lovely fella + i'm really glad he's now showing others what he's about. I'm surprised he's still only 21 -- just shows you how young he was when he was playing for us ....

He's not - he's 22!

Well done to him being on stand-by for England C, but let's get it into some sort of perspective: he's playing in the bottom half of the Conference South, two whole divisions below us, having not stuck at the Conference level.

Good luck Alex , you werent given the chance you deserved at Roots Hall , very pleased to see the excellent performances at England C level have given you another shot at being a pro again.

Trialling at Orient. Wow - well done for getting your foot in the door Alex.

Are they (Orient) holding trials in June or is it a future appointment?

More likely to sign for Braintree than Orient. Way too lightweight for league two.

More likely to sign for Braintree than Orient. Way too lightweight for league two.

Out of interest, are you basing that on anything recent, or when he played for us? I seem to recall a very lightweight Kightly being let go, and being surprised at how much he had filled out when he signed for Wolves.

Out of interest, are you basing that on anything recent, or when he played for us? I seem to recall a very lightweight Kightly being let go, and being surprised at how much he had filled out when he signed for Wolves.

He set the world alight at Grays, Woodyard has hardly done the same.

I heard from someone from Concord that Woodyard is a quality player and he has no idea why we let him go.

Personally, I thought he looked a little lost when he played for us but I hope he does well as he is from our academy. Don't think he will go higher than League 2 though.

That doesn't answer my question. I asked if you were basing your opinion on AW on anything recent, or just what he was like when he left us.

I used MK as an example of someone that filled out, and became a man in that time.

That doesn't answer my question. I asked if you were basing your opinion on AW on anything recent, or just what he was like when he left us.

I used MK as an example of someone that filled out, and became a man in that time.

Just when he was here. But everytime a youthie leaves doesn't mean they are all going to be like Kightly. Tell me how many we have let go and actually achieved anywhere near what Kightly has.

Kightly was a one off doesn't mean Woodyard and Auger (who everyone strangely raves about) will be playing in the prem soon.

Just when he was here. But everytime a youthie leaves doesn't mean they are all going to be like Kightly. Tell me how many we have let go and actually achieved anywhere near what Kightly has.

Kightly was a one off doesn't mean Woodyard and Auger (who everyone strangely raves about) will be playing in the prem soon.

You're right, they won't all end up like Kightly. They may, however, actually grow up and go from a "teenager" to a man. I'm not really interested in what Kightly has achieved compared to Woodyard because that wasn't the point I was making. I used Kightly as an example of someone that left us and grew up. Woodyard may well have done the same, and to base your current opinion of him on what he was like over a year ago is a little uncharitable of you.

You're right, they won't all end up like Kightly. They may, however, actually grow up and go from a "teenager" to a man. I'm not really interested in what Kightly has achieved compared to Woodyard because that wasn't the point I was making. I used Kightly as an example of someone that left us and grew up. Woodyard may well have done the same, and to base your current opinion of him on what he was like over a year ago is a little uncharitable of you.

I'm a big follower of ex shrimpers, although I haven't seen him play. Let's be honest he was playing for Dartford in the conference and then left to join Concord in the conference South. Again how is that not proof that he hasn't quite cut the mustard! Dartford in the league above obviously didn't think he had much potential and let him go.

I'm a big follower of ex shrimpers, although I haven't seen him play. Let's be honest he was playing for Dartford in the conference and then left to join Concord in the conference South. Again how is that not proof that he hasn't quite cut the mustard! Dartford in the league above obviously didn't think he had much potential and let him go.

I think you've forgotten what you said:

If you haven't seen him you don't know. It might turn out that you're right, but it seems unfair to assume he hasn't changed in over a year.

I heard from someone from Concord that Woodyard is a quality player and he has no idea why we let him go.

Personally, I thought he looked a little lost when he played for us but I hope he does well as he is from our academy. Don't think he will go higher than League 2 though.

Why we let him go, or why Dartford subsequently let him go?

Back