• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I knew her quite well a few years back,not spoken for ages since I had tea with her in Hertfordhsire...

God I'm Posh....:angel:

Did you tell the effing club to start playing Blue John because they haven't yet and i thought you were in the circle of trust there? ;)

Did you tell the effing club to start playing Blue John because they haven't yet and i thought you were in the circle of trust there? ;)

To be honest Andy I haven't. Alot of things have been going on with the Blue Voice and the club lately....I apologise for my absense of thought .I will talk to them first thing tomorrow.....:o

To be honest Andy I haven't. Alot of things have been going on with the Blue Voice and the club lately....I apologise for my absense of thought .I will talk to them first thing tomorrow.....:o

And you give harry grief about his Alzheimer's!!! :hilarious:

I knew her quite well a few years back,not spoken for ages since I had tea with her in Hertfordhsire...

God I'm Posh....:angel:

I don’t think i have met someone on here who does not know her.

Just thought that getting loads of e-mails regards the same request might be counter productive re getting her interested in doing it

I know her agent as i have been trying to get an interview for my radio show !

It would me amazing to get her singing on the pitch at the Hall....but not wanting to be a defeatist......with all the red tape and Alison’s obvious hectic life style, I can not see it happening this season if at all.

Not sure why the song Blue can not be played, although i suspect it has something to do with PRS (Performing Rights Society).....these guys are like Nazi police who all off a sudden appear out of know were.

I used to run facilities on a 500 passenger ship that travelled from Aberdeen to Orkney and Shetland. One day 3 local guys came up to me and asked if they could do some jamming in the club lounge on the ship during the 12 hour crossing......I did not see anything wrong with that until i got a phone call 2 days later from the PRS claiming that they had played copyright music and that my company were liable for a rather large bill. Even when we played 30 seconds of Queens "One Vision" at Shell UK's launch of ONEgas in front of 300 people we had to pay £500 just for the privilege

i used to know quite well in the 80s and 90s and shes a top girl, had a long chat after the last concert 2 years,and she still gets to see them when she can
if i remember rightly she had recently been to a game(this is 18months ago)at home in div 1 against forest whe nwe spoke. she is a lovely lady with a place in her heart for the shrimpers, I am looking forward to seeing her again on weds night

I will also be there tomorrow night with the wife.

It would me amazing to get her singing on the pitch at the Hall....but not wanting to be a defeatist......with all the red tape and Alison’s obvious hectic life style, I can not see it happening this season if at all.

Not sure why the song Blue can not be played, although i suspect it has something to do with PRS (Performing Rights Society).....these guys are like Nazi police who all off a sudden appear out of know were.

I used to run facilities on a 500 passenger ship that travelled from Aberdeen to Orkney and Shetland. One day 3 local guys came up to me and asked if they could do some jamming in the club lounge on the ship during the 12 hour crossing......I did not see anything wrong with that until i got a phone call 2 days later from the PRS claiming that they had played copyright music and that my company were liable for a rather large bill. Even when we played 30 seconds of Queens "One Vision" at Shell UK's launch of ONEgas in front of 300 people we had to pay £500 just for the privilege

Not sure if it is true but if you play happy birthday in a film it costs 10 grand or something crazy!

Will always remember her on a chat show Parkinson I think,singing one of her numbers with her and her band decked out in the Blues scaves Judas was on before her and had to sit there and squrm while she did her song and then sat down to do the interveiw. She laid into him, in a nice way but she looks a powerful woman and just that voice would scare the Sh*t out of me. Have always bought her albums after that. Top bird.

*Update*

Ok I have had words with the club and apparently they have asked her back many times to sing *Blue* live on the pitch and she has declined on all occasions.

I have already emailed Alsion but suggest if you want this to happen people, you inundate her with mails and pleads on ..

http://www.alisonmoyet.co.uk/forum/

John.

If all else i have a few songs i can sing on the pitch if you require..

Just some of the classics-

would you like a chicken supper bobby sands -

We're the boys from londonderry -

I would walk 500 miles -

and that other classic..

Sgt Mackenzie...

let us know!

Cheers

*Update*

Ok I have had words with the club and apparently they have asked her back many times to sing *Blue* live on the pitch and she has declined on all occasions.

I have already emailed Alsion but suggest if you want this to happen people, you inundate her with mails and pleads on ..

http://www.alisonmoyet.co.uk/forum/

John.

That is a shame but not unexpected John

That has been agreed...But I did find it kind of a half hearted agreement .we shall see Andy mate .

Agreed that the club will play it or agreed by Alison Moyet's record label???

Back