• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

went to see the boys training at B & L today. PB was drilling them over a specific way of playing. He had them sat down on the grass and showed them, using a scaled down pitch with 11 blue cones and 11 yellow cones set out in 4 3 3 formations, how he wanted them to play. he talked and showed (by moving cones around) how he wanted them to execute this different playing system. He spoke at length whilst moving the cones around, then penney spoke and finally coughlan had his say.

They then went and put this new found knowledge to the test using half a full size pitch. 'Attackers' v 'Defenders'. He firstly played Freddie and barnard as the main strikers and then BBBC and Lenny. This happened repeatedly but the combinations remained constant.

More than once he stopped play and said to the players that he knew it was difficult to change the way we have played all season but...

QUESTION: Do you think it is wise to introduce a new system of play, with no chance of trialing it competitively, so soon before such an important match?

PS. for what it's worth I worry!

And there was me worrying that there would be some guys at the training ground sporting replica SUFC kit and whispering to each other in Derbyshire accents.

Beats me why they don't just close the doors for this kind of thing.

I think you'll find he is trying to con Burton spies. We all know that Stan the Man will just run at them! :winking:

The post doesn't really say a lot anyway.

Who knows, the poster could be a plant to throw disinformation out there. Advanced mind games.

Just to help Rowett out, there is no way on earth we will start with Eastwood and Barnard up front.

I can reveal the reason behind the tactical change is because of a letter from Dagenham Kev containing very very special instructions. Phil had a quick look and was easily convinced. If we go through tomorrow this will all be down to DagKev genius.

The original post doesn't make sense. He says the cones were set out as 4-3-3, but then said in both cases we were playing with 2 strikers....

You can always tell when folk are really fired up for a match, the puns start off as good/passible and then go swiftly down hill.

Back