• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

All is not lost

You would hope Luton beat Wimbledon.

That means if we win at Rochdale, then Walsall cant catch us.

Neither could one of either Plymouth or Scunny as they play each other and our goal difference.

That would leave Wimbledon needing to win both games and us lose to Sunderland........Simple

Neither could one of either Plymouth or Scunny as they play each other and our goal difference.

That would leave Wimbledon needing to win both games and us lose to Sunderland........Simple

Don’t forget Accrington may not get any more points either and play Plymouth.

I actually don't think there is a huge amount of difference in finances in league 2.

We have hardly been overwhelmed by away supporters this season.

Let's see what happens. Lose tomorrow and it's over. Win and it's game on.
there is a difference in solidarity payments of £230,000

True but even if we win at Rochdale, they could overtake us on the last day.

I'm hoping we are safe before the Sunderland game. As it stands now, depending on results 50 points could still see someone down on goal difference

If we beat Rochdale it would mean that EVERY result would have to go against us and that means Wimbledon, Accrington, Scunthorpe and Bristol Rovers winning all their games, and Wycombe beating Fleetwood. We only need ONE of those to go in our favour to be safe.

True but even if we win at Rochdale, they could overtake us on the last day.

I'm hoping we are safe before the Sunderland game. As it stands now, depending on results 50 points could still see someone down on goal difference

Our goal difference is worth a point and is the best by some distance of the teams down there aside from Wycombe. We'd need a heavy defeat and they would need big wins.

Our goal difference is worth a point and is the best by some distance of the teams down there aside from Wycombe. We'd need a heavy defeat and they would need big wins.

We could still go down on on 50 points if Wimbledon win 2 from 3 as they would have 51 and a win and a draw for Plymouth gives them 51.

other sets of supporters will be doing exactly what we're doing of course. Looking at it from their point of view we have by far the hardest two games of the run in (obviously taking out Wimbledon's game against Luton) and don't forget, Wimbledon are unbeaten in the last four games. They will fancy their chances against both Wycombe and Bradford and I can see them pulling clear.
Plymouth have hit a rut just at the wrong time and away at Stanley should be a tough one but it will be all to play for against Scunny at home.
Scunny must go for three points at home to Bradford and if they get them will fancy getting something at Plymouth to avoid the drop.
Which of course leaves us, away at Rochdale in the form they are currently in (won three from the last four) now on 51 points and safe IMO. They will be playing last home game in front of fans with the pressure off - that's a tough gig. I can honestly see us having to get a win at home to Sunderland just to be in with a shout of staying up.
I understand the wave of relief after the game but this thing is far from over and a betting man would probably still have us in trouble.

We definately need one more win minimum. It's gonna be tough.

If we get a result at Rochdale then I think we'll scrape survival by the skin of our teeth. If we're relying on to get anything from Sunderland then I think its curtains.

Many are writing us off v Sunderland but they are often dropping points, we are capable of getting a result against them given the efforts that we put in yesterday.

If we get a result at Rochdale then I think we'll scrape survival by the skin of our teeth. If we're relying on to get anything from Sunderland then I think its curtains.

That depends on the race up the top. Sunderland looked a cert to finish second a few weeks ago, but now look more likely for the play-offs. If they have no chance of second when they play us, they will rest most of the first team for the play-offs.

That depends on the race up the top. Sunderland looked a cert to finish second a few weeks ago, but now look more likely for the play-offs. If they have no chance of second when they play us, they will rest most of the first team for the play-offs.
If they field some second stringers that's not necessarily good news - guys who are hungry and all that. I'm hoping they play their best team and get beaten by a better one.

If they field some second stringers that's not necessarily good news - guys who are hungry and all that. I'm hoping they play their best team and get beaten by a better one.

We've been playing with half a team of hungry second stringers most of the season. Look where that's got us. Of course we would have more chance playing a much weakened or second team. Not a guaranteed win, but more chance of one.

Back