• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

all our ex players that think they're great

sufcnum1

First XI
i do wish them luck at their new clubs, that great that none of them were willing to pay for them, but imo they are not gonna be missed, they were/seamed to be deadwood, they just wasn't upfor it.

i do wish them luck at their new clubs, that great that none of them were willing to pay for them, but imo they are not gonna be missed, they were/seamed to be deadwood, they just wasn't getting paid for it.

Amended for accuracy.

Why slag off players who were for months screwed by the club ?

They wanted out of the situation and got snapped up pretty quickly, good luck to them.

Good luck to all of them, all their new managers cannot be wrong in spotting their potential. I am sure that the vast majority of our current squad would have been off too if they waited two or three months for their pay.

its funny how easy it is to forget that Mildenhall, Grant, Barrett, Macca, Laurent, JFC, Francis, Moussa are only half a team and thats all we had last year - thats half a back line and no forwards -

total turmoil and no pay ...

anyway good luck to the new boys - I think O'Keefe is an excellent prospect just needs a good club -

Sturrock seems a decent bloke, we have a 5 million pound credit facility, best attendances in the league, money coming in from player sales (Hooper) and RM with the fans eating out of hands .....

i hope we're top of the league with a packed RH soon - that doesn't even put us back to where we were - does it ??

its funny how easy it is to forget that Mildenhall, Grant, Barrett, Macca, Laurent, JFC, Francis, Moussa are only half a team and thats all we had last year - thats half a back line and no forwards -

total turmoil and no pay ...

anyway good luck to the new boys - I think O'Keefe is an excellent prospect just needs a good club -

Sturrock seems a decent bloke, we have a 5 million pound credit facility, best attendances in the league, money coming in from player sales (Hooper) and RM with the fans eating out of hands .....

i hope we're top of the league with a packed RH soon - that doesn't even put us back to where we were - does it ??

Why use this thread off to make negative commentsregarding the current management?

We had our problems last year and I dont blame any of the players for wanting to move on, but we had a settled squad from January and Barnard for the first half of it and still went down.

I dont blame Tilson for getting us relegated under such circumstances though but we have now moved on and its time to be positive on the football side.

As for fans eating out of his hands, total nonsense. No one is praising Ron here and just because people are getting behind the team doesnt mean they are.

i do wish them luck at their new clubs, that great that none of them were willing to pay for them, but imo they are not gonna be missed, they were/seamed to be deadwood, they just wasn't upfor it.

Indeed. Their new club it would be left with a hard decision wouldn't it? The thought process would be something like, "I can have this player on a free because their contract with Southend is worthless because Southen didn't pay them, but no, I think i'll bung Southend a few hundred grand anyway."

Early days yet, but Bradford, Oxford, Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Chesterfield & Gillingham have all had bigger League crowds than us. If you look at our home games coming up they will all be about the 5,500 mark.

Why use this thread off to make negative commentsregarding the current management?

We had our problems last year and I dont blame any of the players for wanting to move on, but we had a settled squad from January and Barnard for the first half of it and still went down.

I dont blame Tilson for getting us relegated under such circumstances though but we have now moved on and its time to be positive on the football side.

As for fans eating out of his hands, total nonsense. No one is praising Ron here and just because people are getting behind the team doesnt mean they are.

what was negative ?? I wrote Sturrocck seems like a decent bloke ..... we have a 5 million quid credit facility .....

its unfortunate that the chairmans "strategy" has taken us into the league below Dagenham when we have better good attendances/cash flow than a lot of clubs -

but I am not knocking the team - all of whom I am sure are committed professionals proud to be playing league football for SUFC

Early days yet, but Bradford, Oxford, Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Chesterfield & Gillingham have all had bigger League crowds than us. If you look at our home games coming up they will all be about the 5,500 mark.

whoooooooooooops - i think our average gate last years was ?? the year before ??? the year before that ?????

whoooooooooooops - i think our average gate last years was ?? the year before ??? the year before that ?????

I would be pleasantly surprised if our crowds got anywhere near the figures from our recent history --- we might be able to pay the players for a start --- but we can't live in the past. We will struggle to get gates of 6,000 especially as visiting fans will count for not a lot this season.

Back