• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lyrics:
"Give Us A Goal"

Let's go
Let's go
Let's just call a whip off
A drink before the kick off
Get in the mood for Saturday's game
Five to three they zip on
The lads have got the strip on
We're gonna thrash you ain't that a shame

We'll beat ya defeat ya
We're ready to roll
Stop your fancy fooling 'round and give us a goal
We'll chase ya then race ya
You can't catch a cold
Stop your fancy footwork now and give us a goal

Give it to the winger
All the crowds a singer
We're gonna take the top off the stands
Rattling there rattles
Then powerful in their tackles
Get together clapping your hands

We'll beat ya defeat ya
We're ready to roll
Get the ball into the net and give us a goal
A blaster right past ya
You're losing control
You're playing now with two left feet and they've got a goal
Let's Go

Hear the crowds a howling
Hey did ya see the fouling
The ref needs specs he's deaf dumb and blind
Shoot you silly f-fool
Ok now show 'em we rule
The goalie's sat down on his behind

We'll beat ya defeat ya
We're ready to roll
Come on the lad now no mistakes just give us a goal

We'll skin ya we'll win ya
Cos we're back in control
Come on the lads you got it made now give us a goal

We'll chase ya and we'll race ya
Cos they can't catch a cold
More more shoot score give us a goal

Stop your fancy footwork now and give us a goal.

My wife and I saw Slade down the Cliffs Pavilion about two years ago , I know that Dave Hill and Don Powell are the only originials but they were pretty dam good and had the packed house all on there feet .

Slade sing it best. A bit like how our old North Bank used to be when full as well.
Rob Noxious just put me on to this on facebook. It's so good, I thought it must go on here. Thanks Rob.:thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A6bksj5AGI

Thanks for the kudos, Ronnie. Met Noddy Holder once in a pub off Baker Street. Only knew he'd come in when a group started singing 'Merry Xmas' at him - it was in December - and eventually went over to get his autograph. It was in 1985 and his team Wolves were doing badly in the old Div. 3. I was commiserating about it and he said "Oh, they're down mate." He was right - and we had that cracking game against them at the Hall the following season. 1-0: a Martin Ling headed winner from a Richard Cadette cross after Richard had skinned Ally Robertson. Crucial game in putting us up ahead of them.

My wife and I saw Slade down the Cliffs Pavilion about two years ago , I know that Dave Hill and Don Powell are the only originials but they were pretty dam good and had the packed house all on there feet .
Kursaal 1974 followed by Hammersmit Odeon three days later.
A few months on I went to the premiere of Flame and met Ossie (RIP) on the bus back...
bloody great band.
iirc the Kursaal gig was one of the first colour front pages of the Echo. I can jst be seen at the very front

The Sweet who were supporting them were much better though :thumbsup:

Seen Slade twice now here in Germany,think they are called Slade 2,now..last time was 2 years ago,it was "brill"..beer in hand,singing along to all their songs..happy days..funny that the video was done at Brighton,just seen it now (12th jan),it was today in 1976,thanks to a visit to Brighton v us..(in dec 75)...ended up not seeing us play (or drink beer!!)..for a few months...do i not like Brighton:omg:..i know a few of us have met BHA fans a few times...those 2 games over easter,was it 74??

Saw Slade at the Lanchester Arts Festival (Coventry) in 1971.Billy Preston and Chuck Berry (who I'd gone to see) were also on the bill.
This was where CB recorded the infamous live version of My-ding-a-ling.

Have to admit Slade were pretty good (and I've never been a fan).

Saw Slade at the Lanchester Arts Festival (Coventry) in 1971.Billy Preston and Chuck Berry (who I'd gone to see) were also on the bill.
This was where CB recorded the infamous live version of My-ding-a-ling.

Have to admit Slade were pretty good (and I've never been a fan).

God...that song rings a bell!!!:'(..it was banned by the bbc???which made it more popular i think..was it not,so they say, promoting men to use their right hand???or left hand,if you were left handed:omg:

Back