• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Allardyce shocked by Robinson omission

chapperzUK

He somehow is shocked that Paul Robinson was not selected and thinks there is no-one better in form. He has been on some good form, but we all know what happens to him under pressure.

He obviously hasn't been watching Joe Hart or David James recently.

I hate it when managers show blind faith in their players.

I find the 606 comment funny at how they say that Robinson should go because he is better than James and Green, also commenting that this decision could cost us the tournament!

I think he has quite a valid point. Robinson has been brilliant this season for Blackburn and is one of the main reasons for them finishing in the top half of the table. He has the experience of playing for England, kept 4 clean sheets at the last World cup and kept 13 clean sheets this season in the League.

Green has been pretty poor this season for Wet Spam and seems to make quite a lot of errors yet it goes unnoticed. Hart has been the best English goalie this Season by a country mile but won't even be considered as a starter because of his lack of experience so what is the point of taking him. And has anyone seen David James much this season? He has been out for most of it and only makes headlines with his hair...

Also Allardyce is just sticking up for his player, who is probably a little upset that he didn't get picked and needs a little moral boost.

Allardyce is a ****.

Robinson, to be fair, has performed well for Blackburn this season but he still has that annoying habit of palming things back into the danger zone, rather than palming it to safety. Its a habit that Robert Green has as well.

To be honest, if all the English goalkeepers where fit and firing, Robinson and Green wouldn't make my side, nor would David James. I'd have Joe Hart, Ben Foster and Chris Kirkland.

Allardyce is a ****.

Robinson, to be fair, has performed well for Blackburn this season but he still has that annoying habit of palming things back into the danger zone, rather than palming it to safety. Its a habit that Robert Green has as well.

To be honest, if all the English goalkeepers where fit and firing, Robinson and Green wouldn't make my side, nor would David James. I'd have Joe Hart, Ben Foster and Chris Kirkland.

Has signed for Birmingham, so he will get a lot of match action. I remember when he was on loan at Watford and, despite them getting relegated, he was sensational throughout the season (apart from Robinson's goal against him).

Allardyce is a ****.

Kirkland should be no where near the England side, as for Foster and Hart if they are both playing regular football next season it will between those two for the Number 1 jersey.

I dont think any West Ham players should be there, look where theyve been in the table all season. Green and Upson are **** poor, they wouldnt be playing for West Ham if they were any good. Cant imagine Spain or Italy playing players from a team 4th bottom of the table. Of course that could just be that they have much more players to choose from and their top teams arent stuffed full of foreigners.

I agree with Allardyce, I think Robinson should be in the squad. Statistically he's been the best English goalkeeper in the Premiership this season and he has plenty of previous experience. His England career has never recovered from that mistake in Croatia but I think he's a very good goalkeeper. I'd have him instead of Green with Hart as the young understudy to James and Robbo.

I agree with Allardyce, I think Robinson should be in the squad. Statistically he's been the best English goalkeeper in the Premiership this season and he has plenty of previous experience. His England career has never recovered from that mistake in Croatia but I think he's a very good goalkeeper. I'd have him instead of Green with Hart as the young understudy to James and Robbo.

He has also scored more than James, Hart and Green added together ...... :whistling:

Robbo would be my 1st choice his england stats are far better an if we are all honest we know that james is a calamity waiting to happen green is a waster hence he plays at wet spam an hart is a true up a coming goalie who in truth should have had more starts from capello for some reason he always sticks **** in goal for england. strange choice really cos none of the 3 inspire that much. i would have taken 4 keepers to start with an dropped 1 being green an started with hart or robbo simple as

Last edited:
I think he has a vailid point, but also fair play to Big Sam (Who I think is a ****) for sticking up for his players....isnt that what all football supporters want.

I'd prefer Robinson between the sticks than Green. Much more experience of European football, played in a World cup without really costing us etc. He had a shocking year and a bit when he lost all confidence but he has that back now and is older and wiser (yet still approaching peak age for a keeper) and we were all more than happy with him in goal for 2006. Green on other hand....just seems very average. Safe and steady but wont stop certain goals and lacks presence.

Kirkland should be no where near the England side, as for Foster and Hart if they are both playing regular football next season it will between those two for the Number 1 jersey.

Kirkland, had it not been for his injuries, would have established himself as England's number 1 in my opinion.

A cracking goalkeeper who has all the required attributes, just a shame his injury record is woeful.

Back