• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MK Shrimper

Striker
Seeing as Mad Cyril obviously attended the New York school of Performing Arts, any famous people went to your schools/Uni?

I get racist Joe O'Meara from S Club 7 and Shrimper John Cornwell (school), and actress Catherine Tyldesley (Eva, Corrie) from my Uni.

I never met any of them.

You?

Actor OT Fagbenle and his producer brother Luti - Wiki entries here and here - were both at my school in southern Spain. OT and I were really good mates in our teens before he moved schools. Luti was my sister's first crush!

University wise, Jamie Cullum was at Reading the same time as me, but I never met him.

Last edited:
I went to junior school with Sarah Hardcastle (year above me) and Mark Foster. In fact I used to sit next to Mark. I bumped into him about a year ago as he now lives very close to me. He didn't remember me at all! Sarah was also in my class at elocution lessons.

My sister used to go to dancing lessons (for about 10-12 years) with Kellie Bright who plays Linda Carter in Eastenders.

I studied Physics at The University of Manchester and was an undergraduate with Brian Cox.

Even back then you could tell that he didn't have what it takes to write software for investment banks and would probably just end up drifting through life.

The famous alumni of Manchester are to numerous to mention as are the Nobel prize winners.

Try as I might I cannot find one person who attended Appleton School who might be deemed famous or well known. Best I can do is my brother-in-law who once bumped into David Essex and put him on his arse with a perfectly timed shoulder barge. Other than that, the Crumpton twins who once appeared in the Echo because they were, erm, twins and that's about it.

Lee Stafford went to my school (a long time before me), and 800m runner Jess Judd went to my college (a long time after me). Dame Helen Mirrens sister was also my deputy head of year one year

The Tennis Correspondent of The Times, Neil Harman, was in my class at school. I once got a massive bollocking off his mum for calling him by his (completely inoffensive) nick name in front of her on the grounds that saddling children with inappropriate nicknames would hold them back in future life. Certainly doesn't seem to have been the case with him.

actress Catherine Tyldesley (Eva, Corrie) from my Uni.

Wow, having seen her episode of Family Fortunes "live", I can't believe she ever went to Uni! :stunned:

Lee Stafford went to my school (a long time before me)

Lee Stafford went to Montgomerie and then King John, didn't he?

Lots of "great and good" folk went to WHSG, see their names in the WHOGA newsletter each year, but blowed if I could name you any off the top of my head.

Illustrator Paul Hatcher, who drew the world stare out championships animation on Big Train took the same graphics course before me at Northampton Uni, and came back to give a talk while I was there.

Other Northampton alums include architect Will Alsop, writer broadcaster Andrew Collins and best of the bunch The KLF's Bill Drummond. All years before me mind.

A few good'uns from school although mostly before my time: Griff Rhys Jones, Stewart Robson (as you'll know, once caretaker manager at Southend), Douglas Adams (of Hitchhiker fame), Keith Allen (Lily's dad), Sir Robin Day and the soon to be retiring from International football, Frank Lampard - he's 5 years younger than me which is a shame otherwise we might have played in the same school team!

oh... and Noel Edmonds!!

Uni-wise, umm... Tony Blair and Maggie Thatcher - two dyed-in-the-wool Tories although only one really admitted it.

Try as I might I cannot find one person who attended Appleton School who might be deemed famous or well known. Best I can do is my brother-in-law who once bumped into David Essex and put him on his arse with a perfectly timed shoulder barge. Other than that, the Crumpton twins who once appeared in the Echo because they were, erm, twins and that's about it.
Appleton - a girl in my year went on to do page 3!

At Uni I was at Kingston the same time as Aphex Twin - didn't know till I left though.

Drastic™;1653053 said:
Illustrator Paul Hatcher, who drew the world stare out championships animation on Big Train took the same graphics course before me at Northampton Uni, and came back to give a talk while I was there.

Other Northampton alums include architect Will Alsop, writer broadcaster Andrew Collins and best of the bunch The KLF's Bill Drummond. All years before me mind.
I made my kids watch some of the stare out champs a couple of days ago - they couldn't see the point.

Mark Wellington, top tennis coach, was in my class at school.
My best man at my wedding from uni is now the Chief Executive of GB Boxing which is cool.
Loads of famous people apparently when I was there - Michael McIntyre, Daisy Donovan, Katherine Grainger, Chris Hoy..
and others I suppose,

The Tennis Correspondent of The Times, Neil Harman, was in my class at school. I once got a massive bollocking off his mum for calling him by his (completely inoffensive) nick name in front of her on the grounds that saddling children with inappropriate nicknames would hold them back in future life. Certainly doesn't seem to have been the case with him.

Was his nickname anything to do with his predilection for plagiarism?

Back