• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TheLuxuryFan

Hello Shrimpers!

I'm The Luxury Fan, and I write mildly bizarre lower-league match reports. I was at Wembley yesterday, and here's my write up of the play-off final: https://theluxuryfan.wordpress.com/2015/05/24/not-with-a-bang-but-a-shrimper/. Congratulations on promotion, and what a game. Hope everyone is enjoying the summery celebrations and massively overdoing it. That's what football's all about, after all.

Any feedback much appreciated. If you want to get in contact outside the forum, I'm @TheLuxuryFan on Twitter and on Facebook, here: https://www.facebook.com/theluxuryfan.

Cheers,

TLF

Not a bad read at all. I think you missed the big push on Corr that was a clear penalty that the ref got very wrong

Not a bad read at all. I think you missed the big push on Corr that was a clear penalty that the ref got very wrong

I knew I'd get called up on that! :smile: I've seen the replay and it did look a penalty (especially by the standard of the push on Mawson), but it was very hard to see from where I was sitting at the other end of the pitch. Since I don't usually have the benefit of replays, I thought I'd leave it up for debate.

I knew I'd get called up on that! :smile: I've seen the replay and it did look a penalty (especially by the standard of the push on Mawson), but it was very hard to see from where I was sitting at the other end of the pitch. Since I don't usually have the benefit of replays, I thought I'd leave it up for debate.

No debate mate, nailed on, but as you were viewing from Wycombe's end they probably told you Corr tripped!!

Nice article mate - thanks for sharing that ! Shame you were in the wrong end though ! Ha ha !!

You're very welcome down at Roots Hall anytime next season :smile:

Good stuff. I think it was Corr rather than Atkinson however that Sam Saunders clashed with.

Aside from that and the blatant penalty, nice one.

Nice article mate - thanks for sharing that ! Shame you were in the wrong end though ! Ha ha !!

You're very welcome down at Roots Hall anytime next season :smile:

Thanks! I'll definitely try to make it down; I'm London-based but I'm always bang up for a trip to Essex. The Wycombe end was not the happiest place to be come the finish, that's for sure.

Back