• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Altrincham 1-0 Southend United

a disappointing trip to Alty but not due to the football on the pitch. I'm no prude but 5 mins in and basically every player is getting sworn at. Absolutely no attempt from the fans to try and get the team going, instead it's clear this is going in one direction and the fans have had enough of it after 15 mins.

I thought we were solid if a bit leggy in the first half. Steve sent a goal kick into touch because it was caught by a gust of wind and had to put up with a load of barbed 'banter'. Just a really unpleasant afternoon with nothing for the team to really feed off. The good spell of pressure in the second half got everyone going a bit and Powell made a difference coming on, but that miss will haunt him for a long time.

The players are exhausted, and we lack quality in some key positions. Absolutely baffling that several fans thought that Kev should be shouted at like that, but then again it's clear that whatever challenges people are facing in their lives (including their football club), they're using matches as a way to get these feelings off their chest and it doesn't matter who is on the pitch, they're going to be on the receiving end. Just feels depressingly toxic

Yeah I was chuntering away at the back about one bloke I recognise for being banned many moons ago. Just literally abusing our players. Powell copped a fair bit too after his miss.

Everything was flat, so flat.

Made a weekend of it in Manc so was just an excursion, a thoroughly depressing one especially with lack of atmosphere and no booze available.

Sell up Ron. Now.

My question is this … could you imagine sacking him ? And how the replacement would ‘better’ the current set up ?? No me neither…. KM is definitely the man and deserves nothing but the hugest respect for being our manager week in week out
And some point he will be sacked. That’s football

Good question. Have I ever used the phrase "well that's me told" in real life?

Yeah.

When I showed concern for Murkeys recent posts and offered an ear if he needed to talk, is that something I'd do face to face? Absolutely.

Do I swear, yes sir.

I've replied to your posts before where I've thought they you were a bit condescending. Bit like the one I've quoted. Pointing things out in bold etc.

I've never assumed that isn't how you would communicate in real life. To be honest I've never thought to ask.

This will no doubt be edited, so all that is seen is your perpetual digs.

You are backing Kev. Good on you. At no point have I stated anything as fact. I even said so in my post. Just an opinion of a fan who goes to games.

I've not called for Kevs head. I've just posted some words on the Internet.

A recurring theme is that the coaching team have significant coaching qualifications. On that basis, no one should even question Feeguson, Wenger, Potter, Moyes et al because they are qualified and the majority of fans are not.

If you genuinely think that losing 6 in a row and the poor performances have nothing at all to do with the coaching team, that's 100 per cent cool.

Doesn't make me wrong or you right. It's just opinions. Which I believe is the purpose of this space. With football opinions, particularly when there is a passion for the club, no one is right or wrong 100 percent of the time.

Unless of course you have a coaching licence. Which thinking about it, must mean you are fully qualified.

Sorry.
You make some very fair points.

Snap on the bit of your post in bold.

Perhaps we've both got each other completely wrong and we're both perfectly nice fellas who are just passionate about their club irl.

You make some very fair points.

Snap on the bit of your post in bold.

Perhaps we've both got each other completely wrong and we're both perfectly nice fellas who are just passionate about their club irl.

Nah. You've got me right.

Nasty questions about my personality or communication skills by asking stuff like:
Just out of curious interest, do you speak to people in person in the same manner that you speak (type?) to people on here?

I'm some sort of idiot clearly. A simpleton.

Still, you must be delighted with the improvement under our qualified coaches from Saturdays performance to tonight's.

Really looks like we have turned a corner.

Back