• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Altrincham v Southend United, Saturday 25th March, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • Gus Scott-Morriss

Votes: 35 79.5%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Ollie Kensdale

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Jack Bridge

• Cav Miley

Votes: 37 84.1%
  • Wes Fonguck

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Dan Mooney

Votes: 32 72.7%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 22 50.0%
  • Harry Cardwell

• Louis Lomas

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Harry Taylor

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Callum Powell

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Chris Wreh

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Tom Clifford

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Jon Benton

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • Jake Hyde

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Henry Sandat

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • Collin Andeng-Ndi

Votes: 1 2.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 15 34.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Lose

Votes: 15 34.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
5 defeats on the trot and the season is in danger of going out with a whimper instead of a bang. The place to try to turn around this awful run of results is the home of Altrincham FC.

Given our recent dreadful run, it’s unsurprising to see us down the bottom of the National League form table and Phil Parkinson’s (no not that one!) Altrincham, who currently find themselves in mid-table, are not that much better off.

87D66849-AD58-489B-8852-A3273D734F3F.jpeg

They’ve just had a run of 6 consecutive away games, which included back to back 2-1 wins at York in the FA Trophy and league earlier this month, but suffered defeats at Eastleigh, Wealdstone and Scunthorpe and drew at Yeovil.

This is their first home game since 25th February when they beat Solihull Moors 4-1. Not that being on their travels for a month seems to have helped their pitch much which looked dreadful in the England C game on Tuesday, albeit in torrential rain.

Dan Mooney played pretty well for the Robins last season at Moss Lane and it’s about time he started fulfilling his promise with us as the last two games although he’s got himself in some promising shooting positions he has totally fluffed his lines at critical moments.

They say the definition of insanity is doing the same things but expecting different results, and on that basis one would expect Kev and the amigos to make further changes to try to arrest our run of defeats. This might include a recall for sicknote Hyde who scored a couple of goals in the behind closed doors defeat against The Os this week - that’s if he didn’t injure himself in the process.

Too often in recent games our play has been predictable and the players look a bit jaded. A change of formation might be worth a try but the management team haven’t tinkered majorly with that in their whole time at the club, so I’d be surprised if they try it on Saturday.

Anyway, over to you - who would you choose to start against the Robins, and what do you predict the result will be?

Last edited:
It's a great pity that we have hit this bad patch just as we start our supposedly easier run-in to the end of the season which should have seen us safely in the play offs. It's still faintly possible of course but failure to beat Altrincham will snuff that out. The team have lost the belief and confidence that sustained them for so long. Only a couple of good wins in our next two games will get that back.

We have to hope for a benevolent new owner with money to burn. Until then we are likely to be National League mediocraties.

However folks, be of good cheer. The most important thing is that Southend United still survives and provided we get through the next few months a brighter future awaits us.

I hope.

Last edited:
Any idea how many we’ve sold. I bought my tickets early doors and are numbered 142/143. My mate bought his yesTeresa and are numbered 637/638. If we’ve so.d in the region of 630 plus that an incredible effort all things considered

Lowest goals scored in the form table tells the story , build up play is far to slow and predictable as is the playing of every ball out to Bridge, got to give Benton (if fit) some time playing in behind a front two ! Mooney or Bridge to start then either coming off the bench with Powell available also. They must provide that forward momentum and creative energy around the box , then maybe goals will come ...

Can you buy on the day?
Yes, from the preview on the Altrincham website:

"Please note there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day. There is an ATM opposite the ground at the convenience store."

First away game of the season for me - though not really 'away' as it's only a 25 minute-drive! Hopefully the start of our resurgence.

We've had periods of resurgence this season followed by periods of retreat. There were seeds of hope from our forwards at Boreham Wood, cruelly snatched away and then we had a goal of beauty against Aldershot, crafted by Mooney and scored by the master, Murphy. Obviously, total bollocks followed from then on, but I reckon we will have another resurgence this Saturday which will last for the full game and our hopes will be re-kindled, well, at least for those of us that still have hopes to re-kindle.

So, after that mouthful, I'm going for an away win with Murphy and Cardwell both on target. I'm not sure whether we will concede, but I live in hope. 2-? to Southend. COYB

1679674694082.png

Yes, from the preview on the Altrincham website:

"Please note there will be the option to pay by cash at the turnstiles on the day. There is an ATM opposite the ground at the convenience store."

First away game of the season for me - though not really 'away' as it's only a 25 minute-drive! Hopefully the start of our resurgence.
Cool thanks bit the bullet and got mine through the website. It’s a code so that’s cool. Drinks in Manc pre and post match. Dream. Hope the footie doesn’t spoil it 😁

Dead rubber…our season is over
Doesn't bother me for one. Take the games whenever I can these days. Looking forward to a trip to one of my favourite parts of the country and going to one of the better examples of this league's less established stadia.

I think we are going to win. Just a feeling. I’m sometimes psychic 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back