• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Altrincham v Southend United, Saturday 27th November, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • John White

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

• Charlie Sayers

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Zak Brunt

• Terrell Egbri

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Rhys Murphy

• Matt Rush

• Matt Dennis

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drawing away at the league leaders and at home against the team in second place and thrashing Weymouth in their last three matches seems like a good run to me Garry.
I guess it's the kind of run we'd kill for at the moment, I'll give you that!

My point was if you look further back they've not been in any kind of form really, besides the 3 games that you mention, (that technically are not a run of games because they were interrupted by losing at home in the cup to a team from a division below).

The draw at Chesterfield though was impressive, and the nature of it (coming from 2-0 down with an injury time equaliser) will be bound to give them some confidence.

I guess it's the kind of run we'd kill for at the moment, I'll give you that!

My point was if you look further back they've not been in any kind of form really, besides the 3 games that you mention, (that technically are not a run of games because they were interrupted by losing at home in the cup to a team from a division below).

The draw at Chesterfield though was impressive, and the nature of it (coming from 2-0 down with an injury time equaliser) will be bound to give them some confidence.
Playing us will give them all the confidence they need.

Just to put some perspective to the draw at Chesterfield, as creditable as it was due to coming from 2 down...Chesterfield couldn't fill the subs bench, due to injuries and suspensions. According to their fans, they looked done in from 60 mins onwards and had Nathan Tyson playing aged 40.

Still a creditable result, but if Chesterfield had had their full strength side out, or one comparable to the 2 times we played them, there would have been no comeback on that scale. Although you only play the 11 on the pitch put out against you, don't be put off by that result.
There is always a story behind the scoreline and I think we have a chance of getting something out of the game on Saturday....

Comment from one of their fans below, but a common theme.

"Nathan Tyson in holding midfield is something I never want to see again in my life. Don’t get me started on that ****ing ref, 4 minutes added on, equaliser (flukey as **** btw wait till you see that one) in the 96th min… work that one out"

Just to put some perspective to the draw at Chesterfield, as creditable as it was due to coming from 2 down...Chesterfield couldn't fill the subs bench, due to injuries and suspensions. According to their fans, they looked done in from 60 mins onwards and had Nathan Tyson playing aged 40.

Still a creditable result, but if Chesterfield had had their full strength side out, or one comparable to the 2 times we played them, there would have been no comeback on that scale. Although you only play the 11 on the pitch put out against you, don't be put off by that result.
There is always a story behind the scoreline and I think we have a chance of getting something out of the game on Saturday....

Comment from one of their fans below, but a common theme.

"Nathan Tyson in holding midfield is something I never want to see again in my life. Don’t get me started on that ****ing ref, 4 minutes added on, equaliser (flukey as **** btw wait till you see that one) in the 96th min… work that one out"
The Spireites also had a severely depleted team in the cup tie against us but we didn’t manage a 2-2 draw there.

Let's just say that winning at Altrincham isn't going to be easy. But with Storm Alwen around as well, you never know.

Sorry to say but I suspect that no new recruits on the pitch will equate to no points from the match.

will be delighted to be proven wrong though

The weather is looking good ? snow showers Saturday morning… feels like -2 ??‍♂️

We’ve been sold tickets for the open terrace behind one of the goals, but that was used by the home fans for the Gateshead cup game.
Having read the Altrincham statement, anyone know where the Chequers End is?
Perhaps a pub along the road!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back