• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Altrincham v Southend United, Saturday 27th November, 15:00ko, NL

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • John White

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Kacper Łopata

Votes: 47 78.3%
  • Shaun Hobson

Votes: 45 75.0%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

• Charlie Sayers

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 27 45.0%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 36 60.0%
  • Will Atkinson

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Zak Brunt

• Terrell Egbri

• Louis Walsh

Votes: 42 70.0%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 35 58.3%
  • Rhys Murphy

• Matt Rush

• Matt Dennis

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Win

Votes: 14 23.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 24 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mfurok

Manager⭐
Looks like Alti are having problems with their ground capacity from Trafford council.

Better hurry up to snap up tickets.

Thanks for flagging up.

From Altrincham website…

“We will be working hard to minimise inconvenience and open as much of the ground as possible for Boreham Wood on Saturday, with further sections reopening for the Emirates FA Cup replay against Gateshead and the visit of Southend United.”

so hopefully not an issue in a couple of weeks’ time although they were restricted to just 1,390 crowd for tonight’s FA Cup game against Gateshead which promptly sold out.

Full article https://www.altrinchamfc.com/news/capacity-restricted-as-important-ground-safety-work-gets-underway

Looking like a no to pay on the day. Also they have stopped selling home tickets for the time being too.

Anyone up for the weekend or fancying an early start - Man United U23s are at home at the Leigh Sports Village v Palace U23s at 12.00. Its not that far from Altrincham and certainly viable. Tickets are free on their website.

I plan to be there with one eye on the traffic.

Still not seen if you can pay on the day - anyone heard ?
I phoned them on Friday, spoke to a very nice chap in their ticket office. No pay on the day as they are still waiting on clearance from the council. Only way for us to get tickets is through SUFC - he said that if we didn’t fancy trusting the post we should ask to collect tickets at the ground. It sounded like an old-school arrangement, with actual physical tickets being sent to the club, with unused/reserved ones coming up on the team coach. With a nice bouncy cheque from Ron for the proceeds…

Very hard to get any news out of them but any idea if this game will be called off? Weather not looking the best. Unsure if they will cover the pitch etc…

Very hard to get any news out of them but any idea if this game will be called off? Weather not looking the best. Unsure if they will cover the pitch etc…
I looked at weather on BBC for the area and although not the best should be ok fingers crossed

Altrincham away tickets no longer available.
Will this game be called off as well?
I think Altrincham are having issues with numbers allowed into there ground so maybe that's why tickets no longer available

I think Altrincham are having issues with numbers allowed into there ground so maybe that's why tickets no longer available
If they can't meet the minimum capacity requirements for the National League then the game should be postponed.

They were only allowed 1,350 crowd by their local council for FA cup replay last week.
I would imagine that is well under the minimum requirement.
I had a quick look online and a 4000 minumum capacity seems the requirement but maybe there are circumstances that allow leaway

I'm not sure what the minimum capacity requirement is?
The minimum capacity required is 4,000. National League Rule 2.3.3 states: “If a Clubs’ ground is subject to any reduction in capacity by a public authority it must immediately inform the Competition.” There’s nothing about what happens once they’ve informed the National League, though; it could just be that they say they’re happy for matches to continue, or they might want it remedied by a certain date, for example.

Reactions: tia
The minimum capacity required is 4,000. National League Rule 2.3.3 states: “If a Clubs’ ground is subject to any reduction in capacity by a public authority it must immediately inform the Competition.” There’s nothing about what happens once they’ve informed the National League, though; it could just be that they say they’re happy for matches to continue, or they might want it remedied by a certain date, for example.
Hopefully our game on Saturday be ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back