• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am going to V - What happens next?

Badger74

Manager
I am camping what can i take with me as I have never been to a festival before?

Does stuff get nicked?

What do i wear ?

I guess lots of people camp so how c an i make sure I dont lose my tent

Can i take mini bbq with me

Is it expensive for food and drink

Guys, dont forget i am 38 so really need some direction here

Also is it best to drive - when do i leave and come home

Advice please

take stuff to stay clean, it'll be minging. And dry foods and water.
Nicked - yes, so only take crap gear.
Wear - waterproofs, jeans and T shirts, hat for if it suns.
Put your tent up near something that sticks out or make your tent stick out - they'll be 8,000 blue 2 man-ers.
Expensive, yes but you'll roll with it.
Drive, probably but you'll queue to get in and out.

Try not to wake up on day one with a hangover and your face caked in blood and the excuse for a tent moving up and down as you breathe in and out having spent the previous night travelling to and from secret warm up gigs but the Loop gig at Our Price in the early afternoon having resulted in a bloody injury. Avoid that kinda thing and you'll be ok.

I am camping what can i take with me as I have never been to a festival before?

Does stuff get nicked?

What do i wear ?

I guess lots of people camp so how c an i make sure I dont lose my tent

Can i take mini bbq with me

Is it expensive for food and drink

Guys, dont forget i am 38 so really need some direction here

Also is it best to drive - when do i leave and come home

Advice please

You need welly boots, lots of deodrant, cannabis and white lightening. A sleeping bag if you want to sleep.

Stuff gets nicked but don't be deterred - see this as a way of making profit.

You wear whatever the hell you want - this is your gig

Put a sign on your tent saying - **** off this is badgers tent.

BBQ - do what you want.

expensive - i would contact the loan company now.

38 - pussy patrol - flash the cash and you will have sluts coming from all angles.

do you want your car to get nicked as well??

GOOD LUCK!

What campsite you on?

Would seriously consider the BBQ option mate, I have a feeling that any open flame will be greeted with a fire extinguisher by security on site, they stopped allowing fires at festivals at about the time I stopped going (mid-90s).

Some stuff may get nicked, but instances of crime at 'V' are relatively low, and both campsites are covered by CCTV and security 24-7 so hopefully shouldn't be too bad. The past couple of years, yellow campsite have run a luxury loo scheme where you can pay for use of a clean toilet - I think it was about £1 a go which sounds obscene, but you ain't seen the public loos yet...

You won't be allowed to take any drink at all into the main arena and you will probably get searched on entry if you try - murphy's law. Beer in the arena is done by buying tokens from one stand and then exchanging them at a bar, of which there are several. You can also get cider from Strongbow if you like.

The main issues for the medics are people who are falling-down drunk and severely dehydrated after drinking solidly for 3 days, it really takes you by surprise especially if it's sunny. Not a reason not to though....:winking:

Driving on and off site it a complete nightmare - very limited access. You can get a bus from Chelmsford station if you like (I think it's about £5). Alternatively, a taxi from Chelmsford Station should cost you no more than £12 on the meter - if they try to charge you more or say it's a flat fee, dont take it and report them. Taxi-shares are common with others going to the site so if you wait by a rank you'll be able to share with someone else and split the cost.

Really though you should ignore all this absurdly long-winded advice and just enjoy it, this festival is not my personal cup of tea but it's certainly an experience worth having.

you were still allowed BBQ's in 2003 when i last went Greebosan... mind you, my mate got so drunk that when he got his phone wet, he decided it would be best to dry his sim card on the disposable BBQ... lost a lot of good numbers that day he did!

I'm told by people that go most years to take wipes to clean/wash with as the facilities are rubbish after just a couple of hours! Probably best to take some imodium so you don't need to use the loos much as well! Wear clothes that you can throw away when you get home and just freshen up with deoderant as often as possible. Don't take anything of value, and anything you do take, make sure you have plenty of pockets (combat trousers?!!!) to keep them in.

wardy you will be fine.

Ive been camping for the last 5 years and i havent had anything nicked everyone is in a party spirit.

Wear what you want but make sure you get wellies for the campsite as it tends to get muddy if it rains ,if it doesnt it turns into a desert.

Both campsites have area numbers simmilar to car parks at thorpe park, alton towers etc.

Bring your own alchol with you. you can take as many beers as you like to the campsite but not in the arena where 1 beer token is £4.

Be prepared to be up drinking to about 2-3am as this is the norm especialy on the friday.

I would deffinitly drive as you dont want to be shifting all your stuff round chelmo and parking is relativley easy and cheap £5 within the site.

Make sure you go to the the carling beer tent/pub on the friday as this is where the nightclub/silent disco is and get lively to the early hours.

Wardy you will love it !

fitchy x

wardy you will be fine.

Ive been camping for the last 5 years and i havent had anything nicked everyone is in a party spirit.

Wear what you want but make sure you get wellies for the campsite as it tends to get muddy if it rains ,if it doesnt it turns into a desert.

Both campsites have area numbers simmilar to car parks at thorpe park, alton towers etc.

Bring your own alchol with you. you can take as many beers as you like to the campsite but not in the arena where 1 beer token is £4.

Be prepared to be up drinking to about 2-3am as this is the norm especialy on the friday.

I would deffinitly drive as you dont want to be shifting all your stuff round chelmo and parking is relativley easy and cheap £5 within the site.

Make sure you go to the the carling beer tent/pub on the friday as this is where the nightclub/silent disco is and get lively to the early hours.

Wardy you will love it !

fitchy x

U going this year

I love that you are losing your V plates at 38 years of age!!! :hilarious:

Ah... How I have missed going to V... Went three years in a row at the turn of the millennium, first year took it all in and pulled a couple of times. Second year, shagged three different women in three nights and the third took the girlfriend. More sex the second year...

Please don't go with a female - unless she is the outdoorsy type. Take only cans (no glass bottles of any kind allowed) and either use wet-wipes, or get up early and queue for the showers.

Back