• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Am i alone.

Am i the only person on this board or indeed the whole world that can have a good time without alcahol or pubs?
Dont drink alcahol because,1/ i dont like it and 2/ if i did find a tipple i like i would prob be a drunk as i have a bit of a addiction problem.
Any one else out there not in need of the demon booze?

Don't need it to have a good time, and sometimes it has even ruined a few evenings (just ask my old uni friends!), but I do enjoy the odd few every now and then.

Rarely drink myself, in fact seriously thought about knocking it on the head. Had 4 pints last friday and felt like death on saturday.

Not had any booze for about 10 years after never really having been much of a drinker - I found that even one bottle of beer left me feeling dehydrated and fatigued for several days so just gave up!
I rarely go to pubs , support a rubbish footie team , have no friends , play chess & listen to Morrissey - Happy Days!:smile:

Dont like it full stop,can ruin a social evening because people think its ok to get drunk&acceptable which it isnt.

I like a drink but I know when I've had enough.It's all about control I think.
That and I also have the example of my alcoholic father to remind me what serious whisky drinking can do to you.
(He died aged 50,after a massive heart attack,brought about mainly by his poor lifestyle choices).

Not had any booze for about 10 years after never really having been much of a drinker - I found that even one bottle of beer left me feeling dehydrated and fatigued for several days so just gave up!
I rarely go to pubs , support a rubbish footie team , have no friends , play chess & listen to Morrissey - Happy Days!:smile:

Are you diabetic?

Yes I like a drink - but it depends. Mainly a G&T now or a glass of wine or limoncello at home. If in a pub, then a beer. (lager or bitter, or if they have it a bottle of Dunkelbier).

But not to excess anymore.

I've not drunk for probably 9 years. Some friends can't handle it. It's almost as if I've joined a weird religion. Basically alcohol is a depressive and causes lots of problems and I've not regretted a day since I've stopped. Don't miss the hangovers either.

I've not drunk for probably 9 years. Some friends can't handle it. It's almost as if I've joined a weird religion. Basically alcohol is a depressive and causes lots of problems and I've not regretted a day since I've stopped. Don't miss the hangovers either.

See that's the main thing for me, peer pressure. Went out on Friday with the intention of staying dry and the first thing that happened was a mate passed me a pint.

Back