• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yes and there are not many at all. Currently six of the 92 according to this - http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/12/football/fa-rooney-rule-nfl-chris-hughton/index.html

I was wondering whether to comment on this aspect or not. Her who knows a bit about racism and was born in Ghana, said it doesnt need mentioning, Either the person is a good manager or not! I was thinking it was a bit inspirational to have our first black Manager out of the 36 we have had (well 43 as Webby managed 4 goes, Clarky 2 and Mick Gooding 2 ) Then again on top of it Sir Chris has great experience as a player, Manager and Scout. It doesnt feel proportionately fair or right that there are less black Managers or Managers of colour? We have significant number of wonderful black kids, maybe it would be an inspiration for them and those at other clubs.
On the other hand maybe the misses perspective is right but I wanted to explore the point. Possibly a whacky notion but what if Sir Chris was on a kind of temporary contract where he agreed good or bad to move on after this season and next irrespective, A Risk , but would it preserve reputations all round?

I'm not anti Powell at all, I remember him as a player, and he was a great one too! But, is he the right man for the Southend job? I'm not sure to be honest. I'd be happy if he comes here, but if I am being totally honest I'd prefer the Cowley brothers to come in here. I really like the style of football that they play, it's very attacking minded, whereas Powell has reputation for being a defensive minded manager. Although, there does to be a number of fans who dislike the Cowleys, but I'm not sure why?! However, it does look like Powell will get the job, and if he does, I'll certainly be backing him all the way!

I feel like the only one who is struggling to be inspired by this dutty rumour.
Yes you are ,can't wait for Chrissy Powell , not because he legend , but he will sort out club out on fitness nutrition training recovery ,bring back Laurence broom ,s and c

I did want cowely brother but they have slated southend so jog on

Yes you are ,can't wait for Chrissy Powell , not because he legend , but he will sort out club out on fitness nutrition training recovery ,bring back Laurence broom ,s and c

I did want cowely brother but they have slated southend so jog on

Where did they slate Southend?

Where did they slate Southend?

There's nothing on record, the Cowleys taught PE at Fitzwimarc so a few people in Rayleigh know them because they coached their kids and then their opinions have been passed around from there. It could all be Chinese Whispers but that's where it's come from.

They've actually squashed the rumours by stating why would they want to leave the Lincoln Loco when they're on a roll and they love the job

The Lincoln Loco is for mugs. Cheers

I wish our Board had shown the sort of judgement that Lincoln demonstrated in appointing in Danny Cowley after his fine work at Braintree. If you look at the win ratio for Lincoln under the Cowleys, they are anything but mugs.

think the difference is the Cowleys did very well at Concord, then Braintree, and now Lincoln. They’re proving they can do it from club to club. T & B only did it here before the wheels came off, & failed miserably at Lincoln.

Spot on. Took Concord from Essex Senior league to conference south after flirting with play offs to conference moved to Braintree and took a part time club into play offs then moved to Lincoln and won promotion and reached FA cup quarter finals. But according to some people here never achieved anything!

I wish our Board had shown the sort of judgement that Lincoln demonstrated in appointing in Danny Cowley after his fine work at Braintree. If you look at the win ratio for Lincoln under the Cowleys, they are anything but mugs.

Yet today at Barnet there were boos from the visiting Lincoln fans as they only picked up their 2nd point from 3 games. Apparently they didn't play that well.
I'm not sure if Lincoln will get a top 3 spot, so they might have to try again through the play offs. I think they have been unsuccessful in 5 play off attempts, not that it means much as they were all some time ago now.

Yet today at Barnet there were boos from the visiting Lincoln fans as they only picked up their 2nd point from 3 games. Apparently they didn't play that well.
I'm not sure if Lincoln will get a top 3 spot, so they might have to try again through the play offs. I think they have been unsuccessful in 5 play off attempts, not that it means much as they were all some time ago now.

Yes, Lincoln may be experiencing a mini-slump in form (they did earlier in the season as well) but they have just signed three new players (one of whom scored at Barnett yesterday) and, if the past is anything to go, Cowley's side can be expected to soon regain momentum.

Why all this chat about the Cowleys? All they have done is prove to be very good managers at several non league clubs!!! Let's see them properly tested in the league before holding them up as perfect managerial contenders!

Why all this chat about the Cowleys? All they have done is prove to be very good managers at several non league clubs!!! Let's see them properly tested in the league before holding them up as perfect managerial contenders!

Why would they come here anyway?. They have more money coming into Lincoln, better support and good luck to them they have earned the chance.

Their next move will be the most important of their lives.....So it would be a huge risk to come to us.

I was at the game - Lincoln weren't great but could easily have won, missing a couple of decent second half chances.

The boos were very brief and the general frustration may have also have been connected to a bit of bother in the crowd. I saw at least three incidents of stewards and fans at odds with one another. Good following in terms of numbers though - 2,000 tickets sold to away fans. Or 1,998, as my son and I had two of them :smile:

Back