• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Am I the only one ?

weststander

Manager
Now before you start on me let me let you know my reasoning behind this...

Firstly, we are expected to get beaten, and heavily if our last few results are to be taken in account. The players wont be under any pressure, as they werent at Leeds and it showed, they played with freedom and deservedly won.

Secondly, the team that Man U are going to put out is going to be a VERY weak one, they are playing Blackburn on Saturday, a local derby, and anyone that is remotely near the first team squad will be rested for that one as they always seem to struggle against them and they cant afford to do that this season as they are actually in with a chance of winning the big one.

Thirdly, i've got a funny feeling, i'm usually very pessimistic when we play anyone from a higher division and to just score would be a triumph, and this time I dont, I TRULY BELIEVE WE ARE GOING TO DO IT.

There that my twopennuth, shoot me down if you dare.

Ever since the draw was made I've thought if Man Utd put the same team out as they did against Crewe, we'll beat them.

Although we are on this sh!te run at the moment, I do still believe we'll beat them if they have that team out.

i agree, im not in anyway expecting a win... however stranger things have happened in football and to be honest the last couple of seasons have been pretty crazy for southend. i reckon at least that this game will kick start our league campaign as well

I keep thinking back to the QPR game in the LDV 3 years ago.
We were struggling in the league, they were flying in the championship, we all predicted a rout.

We were right, 4-0 to us!

I'd be amazed if we repeated that tuesday, but I'm not ruling out a snatched win against Man U reserves

Stranger things have happened. I remember Brighton getting the FA Cup Final despite finishing rock bottom of the old 1st Division. They wet to Anfield who wn the Leasgue by miles that year and beat them so anything can happen.
As the saying goes "football is a funny old game'.

Yeah, we can beat them.

And then get spanked by Notts County in the Quarter Final
biggrin.gif

The players will view this as a break from the pressure of the league and they are not expected to to win. This might mena they play with a bit of freedom so hopefully we will give them a good game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,19:04)]I keep thinking back to the QPR game in the LDV 3 years ago.
We were struggling in the league, they were flying in the championship, we all predicted a rout.

I'd be amazed if we repeated that tuesday, but I'm not ruling out a snatched win against Man U reserves
u mean flying in leauge 1 (then div 2)
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 04 2006,20:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (swanseashrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,19:04)]I keep thinking back to the QPR game in the LDV 3 years ago.

tounge.gif
down.gif
Yep, that's exactly what i meant

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ Nov. 04 2006,18:58)]Secondly, the team that Man U are going to put out is going to be a VERY weak one
Man.U could put out their tea ladies let alone their reserves and still beat us the way we give away goals at the moment

We are due a game where the oppostion hits the woodwork, Flavs makes some great saves, we get a dodgy refereeing decision in our favour etc...

Tuesday could well be the evening everything goes right for us

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Nov. 04 2006,20:37)]
[b said:

tounge.gif

Just ignore me....
oops.gif

Will depend on what team Man U put out Tuesday night. On the one hand they are the current holders and we are down to the last 16. I think the youngsters they played at Crewe are their new youngsters, in other words their are more experienced ones who are out on loan at various clubs in Belgium and England, Rossi at Newcastle etc. So there is big pressure on these young guys if they play so this gives Southend an extra chance and it's the CUP. You can bet that you definately will not see Giggs, Van De Saar, Neville, Scholes, Saha, Ferdinand. The others....you never know, even maybe Rooney (Solsjkaer now out for a month).

I bet the odds are good. I can't see us winning, but as long as the lads put up a fight, can we ask for any more....other than Ronaldo breaking his legs?
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Nov. 05 2006,12:55)]I bet the odds are good. I can't see us winning, but as long as the lads put up a fight, I can ask for more....other than Ronaldo breaking his legs?
biggrin.gif
As much as I hate to see any player getting injured, there must be an exception for that *&%$
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ailsa Road Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,22:23)]We are due a game where the oppostion hits the woodwork, Flavs makes some great saves, we get a dodgy refereeing decision in our favour etc...

Tuesday could well be the evening everything goes right for us
Surely you're not suggesting we've been unlucky in our current run? We're conceding 3 goals a game!!!!

Sorry to say it but we'll get spanked Tuesday. Do I care? Well yes I do but at the end of the day I'd swap cup glory for just ONE win (or even a draw!) in the League.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MK Shrimper @ Nov. 05 2006,12:55)]I bet the odds are good. I can't see us winning, but as long as the lads put up a fight, can we ask for any more....other than Ronaldo breaking his legs?
biggrin.gif
6-1 with William Hill.Might even go half a crown

EEErrrrr not really sure how to say this so i'll be direct..........

TOLD YOU SO !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (weststander @ Nov. 04 2006,18:58)]Secondly, the team that Man U are going to put out is going to be a VERY weak one.
Did you still think we would beat them when the Man United line up was announced though?

Back