• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Am I too old for a sticker album?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Looking at this wonderful thread here.....

http://www.footballspotter.com/complete-panini-italia-90-collection/

Got me thinking that I really miss having a sticker album before the world cup. I am thinking of getting one for my daughter (cough cough) to treasure as its her first world cup.

My old man used to let me collect them as a kid and I still treasure my completed World Cup Mexico 86 Panini Album.

I have got a few mates talking about getting one. The con is that the stickers are 50p a pack which I think is a knock when you only get 5.

My dilema is should I collect them for my daughter:cool:or am I a bit old for all that jazz..

For those that looked at the link Costa Rica have a player called Ron Marin and Russia seem to call up Peter Sutcliffe for that campaign.

Last edited:
If the stickers were still 10-15p each, then i'd probably still be up for it. However, 50p a pack is a bit of a rip-off

I still have my World Cup 90, which wasnt by panini. It was advertised by Brian Clough, and and came in parts every week, with a sticker album section as well. Nearly everyone in my school was collecting it.

I started collecting the WC 2010 cards for my son even though he's not even a year. The thinking being that he can have a book for every WC which I sadly seem to have binned.

However, annoyingly, I started on the cards and now a sticker one has come out and for some reason I seem to get a lot more fun from the stickers then the cards so I need to restart.

Obviously my wife thinks a 29 year old doing this is fecking sad.

Good thread dave
ive started my collection for this years world cup and currently need Carlos Pavon to complete my Honduras squad.

Does anyone have a swapsy?

Dave I know where this thread is going!!!!

WARNING IF YOUR GOING TO SOUTHAMPTON DO NOT PLAY THIS MAN AT CARDS FOR FOOTBALL STICKERS

MANSFIELD Away 1989
Mansfield one our closer away trips from Leicester, but not one of the easier. Train to Nottingham 23 minutes, walk across Nottingham to the bus station, bus from Nottingham to Mansfield about an hours journey. Mansfield train station had been closed down for some time, and was only reopened again in recent years.

During the bus journey my son wanted to play cards, pontoon, and could we gamble as well. This was my big chance to do my fatherly, teach him the ways of the world, bit. "Gambling is a mugs game, son you'll lose your money" but he insisted. "If you win I'll buy you a packet of football stickers (about 19p) If I win I'll take 10p of your pocket money" I told him "but I will take you money don't think I won't" or so I thought. First game he won, Double or quits? He won again two packets of stickers I owed him. Double or quits? Four packets I owed him and again and again until I eventually owed him 32 packets of stickers at a cost of £6.21 I had to stop I couldn't afford any more. I tried to show him the correct way and failed miserably, about sums my life up really.

Back to the game, arrived in Mansfield absolutely throwing it down, go into the ground an open terrace no cover anywhere not even in the toilets. Watch the match, never in it, lose 0-4, back to the bus stop in the open still no cover, bus was late absolutely teeming it down the whole afternoon At least I didn't have a nagging wife to go back to with all the grief about having your son out in weather like this, he had a great day, he spent all night sorting his numerous football stickers out.

DoDtS

Last edited:
Great thread Dave, brings back memories of swapsies. Need, need, got, got, oh my god youve got a shiny Luton badge!
Had Panini every season for years, great fun. Kids these days dont know they are born!
Also had WWF ones quite regularly, sure I can remember a Back to the Future one as a kid too.

Back