• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
19 year old French striker on trial. Doesn't speak any English and has looked impressive so far by all accounts. Brown talking about offering him a deal. I do love it when a completely unheard of foreign trialist turns up. Hopefully he'll be more Bilel Mohsni than Adam Bouzid.

Wonder if it was MAF who recommended that we take a look. Anyone have any more info?

As Shrimper pointed out on the other thread PB has an agent that sent him some great finds at Hull working for us on a part time basis and he recommended him

19 year old French striker on trial. Doesn't speak any English and has looked impressive so far by all accounts. Brown talking about offering him a deal. I do love it when a completely unheard of foreign trialist turns up. Hopefully he'll be more Bilel Mohsni than Adam Bouzid.

Wonder if it was MAF who recommended that we take a look. Anyone have any more info
?

No it was French scout Southend use part time that told PB about him.

This is what I found on the net- translated from french so a bit ropey..

Born on February 15, 1998 in France, Amadou Ba is a young striker who played with the U19 du Havre (French D2). Under the guidance of his compatriot Abasse Ba, he dreams of climbing the ranks and sign in the very near future a pro contract with a top French club. A native of Le Havre, Amadou Ba, began his career in the public spaces of his city like all other children his age before joining the training center of the Old Lady where he continues to hone his skills. Technically and with an impressive physique, he is often highlighted by his coaches. Last season, he participated in 7 meetings with the reserve team in CFA. Before that in 2015-2016 he had an amazing season with the Havre U19s, Amadou Ba (1m85 for 74kg) finished on a triple (7 ', 40', 44 ') at home ahead of QRM (6-0 ), in the final home game.

This year, he only played one U19 championship game and scored 1 goal. With a good technical ease, a very good shot and a good head, Amadou Ba has only one dream, to take off and to sign his first contract with Le Havre and to cash in on his talent like his illustrious predecessors like Ibou Ba, Lassana Diarra, Paul Pogba, Gueida Fofana, Ryan Mendes or Souleymane Diawara.

Wonder if it was MAF who recommended that we take a look. Anyone have any more info?

Not too much like him though I hope... :dim:

That shouldn't be a problem, neither does Phil Brown, well not anything I can understand anyway.

Francis Laurent could speak very little English when he came to us, Jean-Francois Christophe only slightly more. We had Medi Alimba at the club then who translated for them, and they also attended English classes. Not speaking English isn't going to be a problem, especially with MAF about.

Francis Laurent could speak very little English when he came to us, Jean-Francois Christophe only slightly more. We had Medi Alimba at the club then who translated for them, and they also attended English classes. Not speaking English isn't going to be a problem, especially with MAF about.

Laurent was a funny one. Some games he'd look sheer class and then the next he'd be awful! Scored a few belters though.

Done better than Theo Robinson by all accounts and a cheap option, I think we should offer a year contract, nothing to lose. :happy:

Back