• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Amanda Knox

Guilty or innocent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Shame, I thought this would be a would you / wouldn't you poll. for the record, I would.

Obviously guilty. But acquitted of everything apart from defamation, for which she got a 3 year sentence.

Methinks Berlusconi has had a hand in this one :winking:

Obviously not enough to convict her, but some of the information available makes her look very suspect.

She has been acquited, but so was OJ...

The words 'guilty beyond reasonable doubt' are the one's to remember here. Whether it be because of shortcomings in the way in which the evidence was initially collected or whether it be by the hand of an incompetent prosecution team on the evidence available the jury of six and two judges found them both not guilty. Whether they were or weren't is impossible for any one on here to determine without being one of those jurors.
In other words I'm going to sit on the fence on this one :D

Too many questions unanswered to find her guilty. I suspect that she was more involved than she is letting on but I think the man convicted of the murder Rudy is the real killer and possible another.

If this were a Scottish case, I think the verdict would be "Not Proven" - that grey area between guilty and innocent.

Poor Meredith Kercher, is all I can say.

Being boring and staying on topic, although there is no concrete evidence, I'd say some of the facts make it hard to think Knox is completely innocent http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...Knox-Guilty-or-innocent-five-reasons-why.html
The first 2 facts for having done it are the same and the DNA evidence or lack of is what got her off ;) . Me think Berlusconi had no hand in it as the less he wants to up set his own criminal system the better for his survival (which the world has basically been told their either corrupt or incompetent ;))

If this were a Scottish case, I think the verdict would be "Not Proven" - that grey area between guilty and innocent.

Poor Meredith Kercher, is all I can say.
And her poor parents, who must've thought this was all over and done with. Now the whole painful episode is back to haunt them. There's a lot to be said for that "not proven" verdict.

And her poor parents, who must've thought this was all over and done with. Now the whole painful episode is back to haunt them. There's a lot to be said for that "not proven" verdict.

Why? I don't see why the ambiguity of 'not proven' helps them? Innocent until proven guilty seems fine to me, even though I'm sure suspicious will remain due to lack of hard evidence and the issues with the Italian police.

Plus, there is still a guy who is convicted for her murder, does it matter about Knox, or who did it at all?

Why? I don't see why the ambiguity of 'not proven' helps them? Innocent until proven guilty seems fine to me, even though I'm sure suspicious will remain due to lack of hard evidence and the issues with the Italian police.

Plus, there is still a guy who is convicted for her murder, does it matter about Knox, or who did it at all?
Depends if Knox is going to re-offend really (assuming she did it in the first place,) if she doesn't you could argue the justice system has done it's job

Back