• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

American Trash TV - Oh how we all laughed

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Years ago we all laughed when we had our 3 TV channels showing relatively decent TV and scoffed at stories of hundreds of US cable TV stations showing ****. I just scanned through Sky. What the hell am I paying £40 quid a month for ? I rarely watch it anyway.

Sadly our domestic channels are just as poor. Text this, text that. Calls cost only 25p blah, blah, blah. Through the night quiz shows. Who the hell stays up to watch them and who the hell phones in to keep these things going ?

I've been a sky customer since the full package was £23.00. When it got to £43 i looked at how many chanels we ever watched and decided to get rid of a load. We cut out movies and all the kids things and now pay about £36. Obviously the sport is a must and there are usually a bunch of interesting docs on discovery and the like. Have I missed the stuff we got rid of? Nope not for 1 minute.

There are many many sad'os that do ORM.
Luckily these programmes such as Quiz Call are now being looked into by Offwatch and the TV Standards Authority to see whether they breach any of their guidelines after a complaint was made by a viewer that called one of these 'programmes' and was kept on the line for 26 minutes at £1.00 a minute only to be told she had been unsuccessful and that she should try again.

The one that air's on Channel 5, Five US and Five Life apparently brings in three times as much revenue as their advertising does.

Back