• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Terrible looking sponsor, far too many words but a great cause. Well done Southend.

Bore off, it's my opinion that a football team should not be changing their cosmetic "look" mid-way through the season. Put an armband on or some advertising hoardings, but don't change the shirt.

Again, it still could have easily been done 5 weeks ago.

I'll never need help from the likes of you. I'm made of steel for one and even if I needed help, I'd ask the wet lettuces in my fridge before you.

It's not midway through the season.

It's not even a cosmetic look.

It might have something to do with the Trust appearing to have only being set up in August. It was basically launched with that interview on Breakfast TV a few weeks ago.

After I posted this I remembered I went to a Quiz a few years ago for this cause. so the Trust has been in place locally for a while but it has gone national in the past few weeks and that is what Ron is tapping into. The logo on our shirts will now be linked to the GMTV interview

BTW Naps I don't think it has charitable status yet

a) Ok mate - season finishes in October then
b) same colour, same style, same look. A few different words.

Terrible response.

a) mid-season is mid season. That is from game 1 to game 44. before is pre-season, after is post season.

b) It looks totally different if you line them up side-by-side

Irrespective, knowing Ron the way I do this is a "one season wonder" and I wont be buying this shirt only to have "Martin Dawn" again splashed across next years one.

Terrible response.

a) mid-season is mid season. That is from game 1 to game 44. before is pre-season, after is post season.

b) It looks totally different if you line them up side-by-side

Irrespective, knowing Ron the way I do this is a "one season wonder" and I wont be buying this shirt only to have "Martin Dawn" again splashed across next years one.

OMG literally.

Mid is short for middle. I can't even be bothered anymore.

Bore off, it's my opinion that a football team should not be changing their cosmetic "look" mid-way through the season. Put an armband on or some advertising hoardings, but don't change the shirt.

I'll never need help from the likes of you. I'm made of steel for one and even if I needed help, I'd ask the wet lettuces in my fridge before you.

You've already had help from me, I served your country whilst you were tucked up in bed. I honestly hope you don't need help and I mean that. Just have more empathy in your life.

Hats off to Ron Martin, excellent gesture; for a very important cause. I sincerely hope this brings as much publicity as possible.

And I am one of those people who is very sensitive to this subject. My eldest son suffers from an acute cashew nut allergy and has been hospitalised twice, but thank god he made a full recovery both times. We are extremely vigilant about what we buy and when we go out, so it is a worry, and seeing stories such as Amy's is heartbreaking.

Astonished that some posters are winging about their shirts? Really! Have a word FFS.

We arent changing kits or colours, just the sponsor.

What does it matter.

If you have a shirt with the old sponsor on then they are even giving you a free replacement. If you dont like the new sponsor keep the old one.

You've already had help from me, I served your country whilst you were tucked up in bed. I honestly hope you don't need help and I mean that. Just have more empathy in your life.

Blimey, you must be at least 90 in that case.

I have empathy, just not when it causes involuntary inconvenience and not when it makes our club look unprofessional. Charity should be optional not compulsory.

I think this is something for the Mods to sort out. We've all expressed our disgust but it's falling on deaf ears. I don't know this chap or lass but it seems to be working us all up.

Over to you Mods.

It could have been a real positive thread (and it is) but spoilt somewhat.

Blimey, you must be at least 90 in that case.

I have empathy, just not when it causes involuntary inconvenience and not when it makes our club look unprofessional. Charity should be optional not compulsory.

What inconvenience?

How is it compulsory? You dont have to get yours changed if you dont like it. Its no more compulsory than having to be a walking Martin Dawn advert, I know which I prefer.

As for lack of professional, makes us look compassionate, nothing to do with professionalism.

I think this is something for the Mods to sort out. We've all expressed our disgust but it's falling on deaf ears. I don't know this chap or lass but it seems to be working us all up.

Over to you Mods.

It could have been a real positive thread (and it is) but spoilt somewhat.

Really? Because I disagree with the way in which we support this charity you are trying to get me banned? I think you need to look up the word "debate"

Back