• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An apology

shrimperian

Coach
I would like to apologise to everyone for the misleading nature of my previous post "done deal". My source close to the club had informed me a the day after boxing day that we had concluded a deal that day and the player concerned would travel to Coventry but would not play. When nothing materialised I, like most of you guys, was rather disappointed, to say te least. Today, I had the opportunity to quiz my source about the comments that had been made to me. It turns out that the done deal was in fact Alan McCormack! He had undergone a medical that day on account of his cut knee and at that point, it was felt that he would not be able to play at Coventry!! I am afraid that I read more into this than perhaps I should have. Sorry if I misled you guys but as you may appreciate, I was misled a little myself. The only news that I can give you from today's meeting is that we have had numerous bids turned down so far but Tilly is hopeful that something will be sorted out before the next home game!!

The phone is not melting from people ringing to offer tons of cash for Freddie either!!

Makes a pleasant change for someone who gave misadvised information to come back and put the record straight. Good on you fella.

Dont worry about it mate....

Anyone who reads this board and takes any notice has only got themselves to blame.

DtS

Fair play mate

To be honest when i see any threads on here about 'done deals' i always take them with a pinch of salt anyway as 90% of the time they are just bullsh!t that people have made up for a laugh.

Next time i see a Shrimperian news release i'm gonna take note because i can't see you wanting to apologise like this again
smile.gif

That said,please don't be afraid to post if you think it's concrete-you could end up famous like Wrongun
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperian @ Jan. 08 2007,20:26)]I would like to apologise to everyone for the misleading nature of my previous post "done deal". My source close to the club had informed me a the day after boxing day that we had concluded a deal that day and the player concerned would travel to Coventry but would not play. When nothing materialised I, like most of you guys, was rather disappointed, to say te least. Today, I had the opportunity to quiz my source about the comments that had been made to me. It turns out that the done deal was in fact Alan McCormack! He had undergone a medical that day on account of his cut knee and at that point, it was felt that he would not be able to play at Coventry!! I am afraid that I read more into this than perhaps I should have. Sorry if I misled you guys but as you may appreciate, I was misled a little myself. The only news that I can give you from today's meeting is that we have had numerous bids turned down so far but Tilly is hopeful that something will be sorted out before the next home game!!

The phone is not melting from people ringing to offer tons of cash for Freddie either!!
See, still say Freddy will be here until the end of the season. Who did I bet £20 quid now I've forgot.

Don't worry about it. As per my comment on the original thread, I didn't believe it anyway!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I hate to be a cynic, but this sounds dodgy to me.

Firstly, there is no reason why a deal can't be done outside of the transfer window, it just means he can't play until the window opens. Look at Henrik Larsson at that team we beat a few months back!

And secondly, if it is such a secret why would Southend risk him travelling to Coventry?

Back