• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An email from the PFA.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
So, I sent an email off to the PFA yesterday just basically asking for clarification on a few things. This is the response just received.

Dear Lee

The PFA has in a number of similar cases worked with clubs experiencing financial difficulties to ensure their futures.

The club (SUFC) has a number of football debts not only the outstanding loan from the PFA and this is the reason the embargo has been put in place.

The players contract provides either party the option, should they feel the other has committed a serious or persistent breach of the terms of the contract, to give 14 days to terminate the contract, there is the right of appeal.

The club, if they can provide financial assurances to the Football League, will be allowed to bring in a limited number of players to allow them to fulfil their fixtures.

Regards

John

So, I sent an email off to the PFA yesterday just basically asking for clarification on a few things. This is the response just received.

Dear Lee

The PFA has in a number of similar cases worked with clubs experiencing financial difficulties to ensure their futures.

The club (SUFC) has a number of football debts not only the outstanding loan from the PFA and this is the reason the embargo has been put in place.

The players contract provides either party the option, should they feel the other has committed a serious or persistent breach of the terms of the contract, to give 14 days to terminate the contract, there is the right of appeal.

The club, if they can provide financial assurances to the Football League, will be allowed to bring in a limited number of players to allow them to fulfil their fixtures.

Regards

John

good work Lee

Good work Lee...So it seems we owe some other clubs monies for loan players I would think.

We certainly owe Col Ewe a huge chunk still for White and Heath, and, therefore, I assume Baldwin and Vernon.

I think we should knock those mugs first up, and in the case of Vernon they probably owe us money for taking him

**** taking ******

No we don't, Our Glorious Leader said as much and was backed up by a couple of rather vociferous posters on here that that was the case...

Oh yeah, I've seemingly destroyed my own argumment there ;)

There's a difference between debt and bills. We don't have much debt (bank loans, etc) but we seemingly do have a huge number of over-due bills.

It's the equivilent of not running an overdraft or having a mortgate but having final demand letters/CCJs from Sky, BT and nPower.

There's a difference between debt and bills. We don't have much debt (bank loans, etc) but we seemingly do have a huge number of over-due bills.

It's the equivilent of not running an overdraft or having a mortgate but having final demand letters/CCJs from Sky, BT and nPower.

Why would we need a mortgage, when we don't even own a home...?

:(

Excuse my limited grasp of economics but I thought an overdue bill represented a debt.

Excuse my limited grasp of economics but I thought an overdue bill represented a debt.

Legal terminology i imagine Mick .. a bill is just a bill until it reaches a stage of being so overdue it is sold to a 3rd party for chasing payment at which time it becomes a debt ?

we probably owe u money not just for taking vernon but also heath, once this magical money appears there are plenty of players in our squad u could come and buy up, Cousins GK, Heath DC Perkins MC to name a few

Beefy, when bills go unpaid - they then become legally enforced debts (HMRC) (Deloittes) (Charter) (Trust)

We're about to receive £225,000 from Charlton for Bailey, so lets hope that pays off one of the major debts.......

Bills become debt if unpaid within agreed terms.

Legal terminology i imagine Mick .. a bill is just a bill until it reaches a stage of being so overdue it is sold to a 3rd party for chasing payment at which time it becomes a debt ?
No. When someone owes me money for an overdue bill and hasn't given good cause, I don't sell the debt on, but take them to court for the debt

Beefy, when bills go unpaid - they then become legally enforced debts (HMRC) (Deloittes) (Charter) (Trust)

Absolutely they do. It was obviously a nice bit of spin on Ron's behalf.

We're about to receive £225,000 from Charlton for Bailey, so lets hope that pays off one of the major debts.......

Charlton are skint too, I understand, so it would be unwise to consider that money as a given just yet.

Back