• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An Evening with the Management Team

Please join us for "An Evening With The Management Team" in raising money for an amazing cause, the JE3 Foundation, on Wednesday 26th April. For the price of £80 you will get the following:

- Welcome Drink
- 3 Course Meal
- Meet & Greet
- Signed Gift
- Programme

We look forward to hearing from Kevin Maher, Darren Currie and Mark Bentley, and their fascinating footballing stories. We can also look forward to the host being, than none other, than our very own Stan Collymore. Accompanying him on the evening will be live musician, and avid Southend United supporter, Adam Duffill. There will be a pay bar on the evening and an auction/raffle at the end of the evening, so lots to look forward too!

To book your tickets today, please click the link below, or to avoid a transaction fee and receive an invoice instead, email 21339@ucfb.ac.uk.

We hope to see as many of you there as possible, in what will be an amazing evening raising money for a truly amazing cause.

Ticket Link - https://www.universe.com/events/an-evening-with-the-management-team-tickets-GWV7LF

Many Thanks,
Adam

I am sure with so many people struggling to make ends meet at this moment in time, £80 per person is an absolute steal. 🤔
Yes not everyone will be able to afford it, but for what your getting its not a bad price.

I guess they could do one in the car park, home made sandwiches and a tea urn, everyone brings a torch from home for lighting?

Yes not everyone will be able to afford it, but for what your getting its not a bad price.

I guess they could do one in the car park, home made sandwiches and a tea urn, everyone brings a torch from home for lighting?
Good event and good cause but I wouldn’t say £80 for a 3 course meal at roots hall is good value

The midweek before the last match of the season, potentially a must win game…

Before a 3 match play off tournament too…

I think this event would’ve been better off post-season… Unless Maher, Currie, Bentley or Stan are off…

I think this event would’ve been better off post-season… Unless Maher, Currie, Bentley or Stan are off…
With respect, close season a lot of them head off on well deserved holidays or are tasked with other things. Very much doubt Stan, for instance, would be near the club much during close season, more likely in touch via phone or zoom.

I know when the Trust have their end of season awards, it has to be done during the season as so many of them head straight off.

I'm sure there will be some that will go, but at 'From £80'? I mentioned it to /Mrs RHB and at first she was quite keen to go, then she asked the price and the look on her face said it all. I checked through the booking trail and it only shows tickets for £85 currently. The event is for a very good cause but I think we will pass.

With respect, close season a lot of them head off on well deserved holidays or are tasked with other things. Very much doubt Stan, for instance, would be near the club much during close season, more likely in touch via phone or zoom.

I know when the Trust have their end of season awards, it has to be done during the season as so many of them head straight off.
Any idea on a date for that one?

My diary is getting pretty full!

I am sure with so many people struggling to make ends meet at this moment in time, £80 per person is an absolute steal. 🤔
Hi,

We acknowledge your opinion and understand that not all will be able to part ways with £80 a head. However, the team have worked hard to ensure that we are providing an event which provides exceptional value for money. With over 25% of tickets sold on day one, people are seeing the same value as the team, so far.

Hope you understand.

Cheers,
Adam

Good event and good cause but I wouldn’t say £80 for a 3 course meal at roots hall is good value
Hi,

We're hoping it will be a good event raising money for a fantastic cause! In regard to the price, whilst £80 for a 3 Course Meal would be bad value. Combining the meal with a free drink, meet and greet, signed gift, programme and 90 minutes of entertainment, we feel this does meet the £80 value.

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Adam

Last edited:
Orange juice starter like you used to get on holiday in the 1970s?
Hi,

Maybe Apple Juice if you fancy it? aha

All jokes aside, the free drink can be any of the following:

- Single Spirit + Mixer
- Beer
- Cider
- Ale
- Soft Drink

Cheers,
Adam

Hi,

As the event is organised by university students there was stipulation from to host the event in a specific week, this being the week commencing 24th. When the date was suggested to the management team, no concerns as to the performance of the team was mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Adam

That is true. I guess the perfect time to have done it was the original planned event earlier in the season, if it wasn’t for our on the pitch woes.

Plus, I guess my comment undermines Kev and co.

I'm sure there will be some that will go, but at 'From £80'? I mentioned it to /Mrs RHB and at first she was quite keen to go, then she asked the price and the look on her face said it all. I checked through the booking trail and it only shows tickets for £85 currently. The event is for a very good cause but I think we will pass.
Hi,

Please see details above regarding the justification as to the pricing of the event. The statement 'From £80' was included due to the ticketing provider taking a transaction fee. This is a fee that we have nothing to do with and do not charge, nor receive. In my previous post there is a way in which you can avoid this transaction fee, making it precisely £80 a head.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Adam

Really fascinated by this. Looked up UCFB the University Campus of Football Business. Very interesting. These guys are going to be so important in the future for making football especially at our level sustainable and not at the whim of some rich benefactor although I'm sure they will still be here.
I must admit I'm tempted by the event.

Adam "Combing the meal with a free drink"----But what of us bald men who no longer use combs?!
Well ... it appears I have made a slight spelling error.

My time to go bald will come in the future I'm sure...

Back