• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An Evening with the Management Team

Shrimpers!

We have listened to your feedback and, whilst we feel our strategy was fair based on our higher than expected costs, have decided to lower the price of our tickets. You will receive the exact same benefits at a lower price. We know things aren’t great at the moment results wise, but have full faith that the team of players that almost sat in 4th just over a month ago, will turn their form around and provide a strong finish to the end of the season.

With that said, we are pleased to say our tickets are now priced at £60, with an under 18 ticket available for £50. We hope to make the difference up with an exciting auction and raffle on the night so watch this space!

With just 20 tickets left, be sure to grab yours and hear some exclusive stories from Kevin Maher’s management team alongside compère Stan Collymore.

To book tickets, click this link https://www.universe.com/events/an-evening-with-the-management-team-tickets-GWV7LF or email 21339@ucfb.ac.uk.

Hope to see loads of you there!

Cheers,
Adam

Would have been happy to attend but driving the in laws back to the airport whilst the starter is being delivered!

Shrimpers!

We have listened to your feedback and, whilst we feel our strategy was fair based on our higher than expected costs, have decided to lower the price of our tickets. You will receive the exact same benefits at a lower price. We know things aren’t great at the moment results wise, but have full faith that the team of players that almost sat in 4th just over a month ago, will turn their form around and provide a strong finish to the end of the season.

With that said, we are pleased to say our tickets are now priced at £60, with an under 18 ticket available for £50. We hope to make the difference up with an exciting auction and raffle on the night so watch this space!

With just 20 tickets left, be sure to grab yours and hear some exclusive stories from Kevin Maher’s management team alongside compère Stan Collymore.

To book tickets, click this link https://www.universe.com/events/an-evening-with-the-management-team-tickets-GWV7LF or email 21339@ucfb.ac.uk.

Hope to see loads of you there!

Cheers,
Adam

A good move - having a lower entry price really can work and help to raise more money in the end. That is what we did for our SUEPA event in February which sold out its 150 tickets almost immediately. Folk got a bargain and then were happy to feed money in to the raffle, and overall we netted after costs well over £3,000 for good causes.

Keeping costs low too is of course also important - what IMHO folk really want is to see the main event (so, Kev & co for your event) and are not as fussed about the frilly bits like food served up on a nice plate which can often be where costs rack up (we just did pizza with a serviette which went down really well and I struck a bargain at the pizza place!).

A few years ago I worked on a 'Hall of Fame' event with the club - the main event was the ex players, and some musical entertainment, which was fine and folk really wanted to see all of that, but it stalled in its tracks as we tried to do too much with a venue and food offering that just cost too much and so the ticket price was out of many peoples reaches. It had to be aborted in the end. Lessons were learned from that though and heavily influenced what we dd in Feb - I steered well clear of a venue that wanted to charge me a grand and instead we got one for £50 which was just perfect

Good luck with it all, I really do hope you succeed.

So I don't quite understand!
The chairman spouts to us all that Roots Hall Entertainment facilities are not fit for purpose and yet here we have a superb night of the three musketeers and our very own Collymore.
Either the venue is not fit for purpose or the club should be hiring out the venue 5-7 days a week.

So I don't quite understand!
The chairman spouts to us all that Roots Hall Entertainment facilities are not fit for purpose and yet here we have a superb night of the three musketeers and our very own Collymore.
Either the venue is not fit for purpose or the club should be hiring out the venue 5-7 days a week.
Doesn't say where in Roots Hall this is being held - but I'd guess there are three possible options - the Far Post, the Blues Legends Lounge or the Captains Bar. They are all ok-ish.

So as @Pak66 says above, why aren't we generating loads of bookings for these bars throughout the year?

It's almost as if there is no demand for this sort of thing in the modern world and that basing revenue streams on something that is out of date is a little 'risky' to say the least.

So as @Pak66 says above, why aren't we generating loads of bookings for these bars throughout the year?

It's almost as if there is no demand for this sort of thing in the modern world and that basing revenue streams on something that is out of date is a little 'risky' to say the least.
Southend fans love the club enough to put up with the tat, decay, and dated facade.

Premium clients would not.

Prices dropped? Does this mean Beyoncé won’t be performing on the night then? 🤔
Hi,

The aim of the event is to raise money for a fantastic cause and hopefully provide a great event for all. As stated in our first ever message we are University students organising this event. Part of being a student is learning, whilst we felt our pricing was fair value, we have learnt that this perhaps was too high. We acknowledge our error and have adjusted the pricing accordingly too enable as many of you to attend.

Hope to see you there.

Adam

2 WINS IN AS MANY WEEKS!!!

What a way to kick off the bank holiday weekend Shrimpers. Hopefully another great result to come on Monday away at Woking.

So why not give yourself something to look forward to beyond the Bank Holiday, and get yourself a ticket for ‘An Evening with the Management Team’. Taking place on Wednesday 26th April, hopefully we can reflect on what could be a key turning point in the chase for Play Offs.

To book tickets, please click this link https://www.universe.com/events/an-evening-with-the-management-team-tickets-GWV7LF or email 21339@ucfb.ac.uk.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!

Adam

Well done to Rylee and his team for organising an enjoyable night and raising a lot of money for the Justin Edinburgh Foundation. Stan led the evening well and we heard plenty of passion and love for the Club from Kev, Darren & Benno. The bond between the management and the fans was plain to see.

I sat on a table with a group I have known for many, many years through our love for Southend Utd. Whether it's travelling for the Anglo-Italian Cup, to domestic matches home & away for what seems forever, to participating in charity walks from RH to Col U, Charlton & Gillingham to raise funds etc, the Shrimpers is the glue that binds us.

My overwhelming thought last night was sadness. Sadness, that I have a genuine feeling that unless we have an injection of funds very soon all this will end. For God sake, I hope someone can come in soon to save us.

Back