• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kevin Hogg

President
Just called the Southend United ticket hotline and whilst on hold was still informed about the forthcoming home fixture against Millwall on 3rd March!!!
I appreciate the company that originally provided the "on hold" service have gone bust. However...the Millwall fixture was in 2009 and there is absolutely no way any business should be promoting an event that happened 3 years ago next week!

It only takes organisation, hard work and some bloody savvy!!!

Just called the Southend United ticket hotline and whilst on hold was still informed about the forthcoming home fixture against Millwall on 3rd March!!!
I appreciate the company that originally provided the "on hold" service have gone bust. However...the Millwall fixture was in 2009 and there is absolutely no way any business should be promoting an event that happened 3 years ago next week!

It only takes organisation, hard work and some bloody savvy!!!

Hang on, forget we're sliding down the table, sort the telephone message out.

Many of us have heard the old message but I think we have more important things to worry about.

Many of us have heard the old message but I think we have more important things to worry about.

I was not suggesting the bloody manager should do it!!
It should be the remit of the CEO or whoever is currently doing the job.

If this is the 988th time the matter has been raised on SZ..then it just emphasises my point.

It just sums up the real off-field issues. It is not all about RM/TB squabble - it is about running a business!

Many of us have heard the old message but I think we have more important things to worry about

True , but if you can't sort the simple things out , then the major issues will never improve either.
Everything at our club seems to be run and managed very poorly..................

I was not suggesting the bloody manager should do it!!
It should be the remit of the CEO or whoever is currently doing the job.

If this is the 988th time the matter has been raised on SZ..then it just emphasises my point.

It just sums up the real off-field issues. It is not all about RM/TB squabble - it is about running a business![/QUOTE]

EXACTLY ........!

Another point Ozzer.
Yes, you and many on here may have heard the message before but what about "floating" supporters or potential new supporters.
What about the person who has previously given up on the club but thinks they will give the club one last go. He hears about a fixture against a side two divisions above us!!!? You would hardly blame them if they slammed the phone down muttering "amateurs"..would you?

Another point Ozzer.
Yes, you and many on here may have heard the message before but what about "floating" supporters or potential new supporters.
What about the person who has previously given up on the club but thinks they will give the club one last go. He hears about a fixture against a side two divisions above us!!!? You would hardly blame them if they slammed the phone down muttering "amateurs"..would you?

Take it to the top and contact Ron Martin.

I raised this with the club a month or so ago and was told by the ticket office that I wouldn't believe the number of times they had complained to the company responsible. They were aware it was embarrassing but physically couldn't do anything about it.

I raised this with the club a month or so ago and was told by the ticket office that I wouldn't believe the number of times they had complained to the company responsible. They were aware it was embarrassing but physically couldn't do anything about it.

Change the phone number......................just a thought

Change the phone number......................just a thought

The new number would point straight to the current telephone system which would still play the same message

I thought that the company who supported the telephone system are no longer supporting it and we couldnt make any changes.

Whatever system they are using they could hire someone with that expertise to make the change, if they had access to the administration of it, which they may not have. If they dont have the access to the system then they may not be able to do a lot....

I

It all sounds extremely complicated.

However...3 years? There must be an answer!! A pun there.

Seriously, it is a problem. It is often cited that your initial perception of anybody or any organisation will stay with you, sometimes for ever. The first port of call for any new supporter is often the ticket office..after all they have to buy a ticket to watch a game and..fall into a lifelong love affair with Southend United.
As I say, initial perception is crucial.

It should be sorted!

Money.

If there is something wrong at our club, It's almost always down to money.

Last edited:
Money.

If there is something wrong at our club, It's almost always down to money.

Indeed. They fell out with the supplier over money, and dont want to spend the money either replacing the system or having to sort out the supplier.

The trick is. Buy spring onions.. but choose the loose onion option at the self-service checkout. Spring onions weigh pretty much bugger all.

Back